Verizon removed some apps from the split screen multi-task bar? Can anyone confirm?

jsadler09

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I thought the topic creator was just referring to the apps not being on the multi task bar. I would assume you can still use youtube an chrome within the app drawer, right?

Yeah, from what I understand those apps just aren't available for multi-tasking/split window, but are still available from the app drawer.

Karizona

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
When updating my Verizon Apps app, it notified me it will no longer be supporting apps after a certain date (may be late 2012 or early 2013)

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I am assuming we will have to wait for an update to get pushed to these apps.

I believe that this is incorrect. An app update (without a system update) can add support for MultiView. This recently happened with the book reader I use. My Multiview menu shows all the standard Verizon apps as well as Moon+ Reader Pro. (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.flyersoft.moonreaderp&token=h78McJ8N). If a small developer can add support, I assume Google and other developers can as well.

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
My International unlocked GN2 has Chrome, twitter, facebook, maps, gmail and more...it is a stock, international phone. I am testing Straight Talk with it. I went and bought the VZW unit yesterday and was floored that they removed support for those apps. Added a lot of bloatware. I am taking back the VZW unit tomorrow.

2012-12-01%2001.33.46.png

2012-12-01%2001.32.16.png

Last edited: