Verizon corporate store won't let me buy Note 2 at full price until 2 weeks later ?!?!?

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I just called my local Verizon corporate store, which I've done business with many times. The manager just informed me I can NOT pay full retail price for the new Samsung Note 2 until approx two weeks from now. This is because they currently have limited stock on hand, and want to give first priority to new contract customers. The manager said this is a new policy for all of Northern California. WTF ?!?!? The reason I want to pay full price is to keep my grandfathered unlimited 4G plan when I got my Thunderbolt on day one. The same manager said I am able to pay full price by ordering through the Verizon website, and having the phone sent to me. Anyone else getting the same story?

the devastator

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I hope that's not true, I'm going to the store and buying it too, I had talked to them before and told them I was buying it straight up and trading in my phone so I can buy it and they never said anything about this crazy policy. I'll update after 10 when I go and try to buy it.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
East coast here. I've been told that selling new phones off contract/retail price is at the managers discretion. So yeah they are allowed to do that if they feel like it. I get it, but it is crappy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm a bit peeved over this whole thing. If I can't buy this at full price today, I'm thinking of just waiting for a couple weeks or longer to see if a larger 32GB version might come out.

mzimand

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
This is terrible customer service. They are basically saying that once we have you as a customer you do not matter anymore.

I am glad I ordered on the website because I would have lost my mind if I went in to buy one this morning and I was told I had to wait for the new customers to get theirs.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
1. Go to the store
2. Call 611 in front of the manager, ask to speak to retentions
3. tell them you are at the store and manager X (give his/her name) (make sure he/she hears you say it) won't let you buy a phone so you would like to cancel your line
4. Profit!!!

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Too bad people have to resort to that to be treated like a paying customer. It's a product of how the stores are incentived to sell contracts not phones, all the while losing site of the fact that treating their customers well is what breeds repeat customers.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jaymojones

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm this. Just called a store in DC and asked the rep if they had any in stock and she said we sure do. Then she asked if I was eligible for an upgrade, and I said I am paying full price. She then said hold on, put me on old and then came back and said that the manager said that I would have to order the phone online, because they have limited stock.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes, unfortunately they tried to pull this with me this morning at a Verizon store in NYC. But the manager cracked when the all three of us waiting to get the phone wanted to pay full retail. It seems it's more of the managers decision than a corporate one, but I could be wrong. Beg them!

caasheew

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I also got that story when i tried to pre-order. They also said i would not be able to do it online as well. That being said, i went online and did it through the web. You may get a different answer at different stores though.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
1. Go to the store
2. Call 611 in front of the manager, ask to speak to retentions
3. tell them you are at the store and manager X (give his/her name) (make sure he/she hears you say it) won't let you buy a phone so you would like to cancel your line
4. Profit!!!

Maybe, maybe not. A more direct approach is to have the 611 people contact the district manager. They'll call the store manager and make it right. Verizon stores have gone down the tubes big time for the last few years at least. They're basically only there to sell upgrades and accessories.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

jaymojones

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I ended up just going into another store and when the rep came up, I asked if they had any and said I wanted to get one. He brought it out and I said that I was paying full price for it. Needless to say...I'm loving this phone so far!!!

the devastator

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
One of the reps at the store that i went to told me the same thing. Basically it's up to the managers to decide if it's ok to sell the phone off contract or not. Their manager said that it was cool so we were doin it but turns out they hadn't received the phones into their inventory, they physically had them, but just didn't show up in the computer yet.

I had to go back to work but i'm goin back in like 10 minutes during my lunch break. The guy said that they had like 30 in stock so I should be ok.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Good news here! I went to a different Verizon corporate store that was larger, and the rep had no problem selling me a new Samsung Note 2 at full retail price! I split the bill in half by applying $400 to my Verizon account, and the balance on my credit card. I have the white version, since that was the only color in stock. The kickstand shell case is really cool whereby the back of the case can be used as a kickstand for viewing your phone either vertically or horizontally on a table. Also got the screen protector. I tried buying an extra battery/docking station, but that wasn't available at the store. When unsuspecting passerbys ask me what phone I have, I'm going to tell them it's an iPad Mini-2, haha!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I would call and order online, get it in two days with free shipping. Don't deal with a sale manager who is a tool. An activation is an activation they get paid for it so they should just STFU and move on with their day. Oh and BTW, you could pre-order at FULL RETAIL with no problems so that should not be a store level excuse.

FormerIphoney

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Why buy from Verizon all together. The guys at Negri Electronics sell it for $669.00 no tax (except Nevada) and free FedEx shipping. Their warranty is equal to vzw's but is only $60 a year and covers anything and everything. And on top of that, the deductible is $30 less.

Just sayin

ks3rv3rg

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I was able to purchase mine full price from best buy yesterday.

On another note- someone mentioned in another thread that if you call Verizon their reps on the line will tell you that you can get your upgrade and still keep your unlimited plan. Apparently the store reps don't know this and push new plans on you. I didn't think it was real but someone said they work for them.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692