Blocking Mode Removed

Tari

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Guys read this and rejoice. A little snooping with the app in the article and you got it. Just hidden, not left out. Hopefully for us GS3 users it will be the same thing. Cheers!

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/12/02/how-to-enable-blocking-mode-on-verizons-galaxy-note-2/

It's hidden because it's broken. While you can access the blocking mode menus, turning it on doesn't actually do anything. You can click through the article to the source at xda to read more about it.

Haso17

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
From what I've gathered through XDA is that it's sort of buggy, working here or there. One person even stated that it worked on their GS3 (not sure if they were rooted on VZ or not). Could've been the fact that it was direct competition for their paid service like stated earlier or maybe they were having trouble with it on VZW's network specifically. I'd assume the latter concept probably doesn't make sense, seeing as its only a recognition of a number, but then again the original finder had it working with skype and google numbers so who knows. Maybe a fix will come through Kies or maybe Verizon will just let everyone suffer like usual. Kinda was looking forward to this for when I got JB :/

dabaum

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Are you guys talking about the feature to block incoming calls of people on your contact list? There is a setting to add a contact to the "reject list". Open a contact to view and then hit menu.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Are you guys talking about the feature to block incoming calls of people on your contact list? There is a setting to add a contact to the "reject list". Open a contact to view and then hit menu.

I believe they are talking about being able to set when calls/texts or emails are quiet at a certain time. I believe if you root it will work. Droidxcon is gonna help me tomorrow root mine and I will ask him.

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Correct, and Verizon wants you to pay for a service they offer. Yet Apple can dictate terms and their phones are left untouched. Go figure.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It's hidden because it's broken. While you can access the blocking mode menus, turning it on doesn't actually do anything. You can click through the article to the source at xda to read more about it.

In using it on my stock gs3 with no problems. I accessed it using apex launcher.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I used it with no issues for about 5 days. It worked like it is supposed to. I stopped using it because I am already running Locale and it does the same thing. No reason to run two apps in the background doing the same job.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

rlt9999

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
From what I can tell, Verizon has removed the "Blocking Mode" (Do Not Disturb) from their version of the Note 2.

May not be an issue for some, but it is a great feature.

If you tap on the dialer, then tap the menu button, then call settings at the top of that page you will find Call restriction. Tap it and there is an option to toggle Auto reject mode and an option to manage an auto reject list.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Ya but I want to schedule it to block only only certain people when I sleep along with all notifications. I believe I need to use to different apps for this. Wish a developer would create this for us.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I think it's bizarre that my nephew has blocking mode on the sprint version of the gs3, but it's blocked on my Verizon version. Anyone have any idea what the reason for that be?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I think it's bizarre that my nephew has blocking mode on the sprint version of the gs3, but it's blocked on my Verizon version. Anyone have any idea what the reason for that be?

Probably because they noticed that gs3 users were not using not using their call blocking function on their website and decided to remove it from the note.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Probably because they noticed that gs3 users were not using not using their call blocking function on their website and decided to remove it from the note.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

The response doesn't make sense, I'm asking why it would be removed from the Verizon gs3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I have been using it and have noticed one bug. If you try to create a custom list of allowed callers, it will crash when you attempt to save the custom list. You can use your Favorites as allowed callers, but I can't make Custom work.

TeeX

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
for similar apps that will do this (and more):

Mr. Number
Call Control
(and my personal favorite) Root Call Blocker Pro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member