12-04-2012 08:28 PM
51 123
tools
    Ok, I have a question. On the GS III you were able to have the full month view Samsung calendar as a widget, now I only see the option to have the task view as a widget. Am I missing something?
    11-29-2012 11:44 PM
    This phone is too awesome! I was kind of worried about not having a physical keyboard, but the on screen keyboard both landscape and portrait works so well. I can type as fast as a physical keyboard. Plus the spen is just too sweet.

My only one problem is my sweaty hands + the note 2's smooth finish = bad lol. The back of the phone is so slippery. Hopefully applying a full body screen protector will help.
    Get a case. Most have a soft touch finish which should help.
    11-30-2012 12:03 AM
    Ok, I have a question. On the GS III you were able to have the full month view Samsung calendar as a widget, now I only see the option to have the task view as a widget. Am I missing something?
    My biggest gripe haha. Blows me away how its not available when it is on the other carriers and of course the Verizon s3. So lame
    11-30-2012 12:32 AM
    Yeah I don't understand why Verizon deleted some widgets so annoying
    11-30-2012 01:14 AM
    I picked one up at a Verizon store yesterday and spent most of the day playing with it. This thing is SICK. I simply cannot believe how fast it is compared to my DroidX. I'm not even talking about 3G vs 4G. When both are on wifi the Note loads pages and/or executes apps what seems like 10 times faster or even more. The screen is amazing and I'm even fine with touchwiz after customizing it to my tastes. Verizon did their very best to try to make it unattractive and remove features provided by other carriers but even they couldn't kill my enthusiasm for this gem. It may take me forever to learn all of the features but I am literally shocked at how big of a step forward this is. All I can say is a huge BRAVO Samsung.
    JoJoCal19 likes this.
    11-30-2012 08:50 AM
    come on guys the answer is so obvious
    verizon obv. had to delete some widgets to make room for all their bloat

= )
    TBoltJ likes this.
    11-30-2012 09:08 AM
    I agree with everyone on here. This phone is amazing. Haven't been this impressed with a phone in a very long time and I go through phones at a high rate.
    Mco119 likes this.
    11-30-2012 09:40 AM
    The phone is sick! ...wasn't planning on getting one. ...But was in best buy and went from the s3 to the note 2

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    11-30-2012 09:41 AM
    I basically played with the new Note 2 all day and well into the night to try to learn all the cool new features. This thing is loaded with new options, some due to Spen.

Check out this 41min video (make the time, it's worth it) and have the guy go through almost every option on the phone. I found it very useful as I haven't read the users manual yet...

And this one covers all the special, advanced features, specially Spen tricks.

11-30-2012 09:47 AM
    Only hiccup I've had was a brief lag swiping between pictures in camera mode. Don't know why it did that, but it did sort of freeze briefly between a couple of pictures.
    You might need a new, faster micro SD card (assuming your photos are being stored on SD).
    11-30-2012 11:08 AM
    Any comment on reception compaired to S3, GN, & others... IIRC this has LTE from Exynos, not Snapdragon like the S3; my GNex gets really crappy reception and download speeds when tested right next to a coworkers verizon s3 (80-150 Kbps vs 6-12 Mbps!!). I'm curious how the note 2 compares in a side by side with marginal signal available.
    11-30-2012 02:20 PM
    Hi, can't give you the scientific report on reception on Gnex vs Note II. But since I am in NY, I don't have reception issues.

Today was the first full day of actually walking around with the phone. Boy is this thing large. Not in a bad way, it just dawn on me how large it really is as I would take it out of my jacket pocket to check it out. I am not sure smartphones will get any larger than this in the future unless they come out with a flip/split screen concept. Or add phones to tablets.
    11-30-2012 10:12 PM
    It is crazy...How do you make the home screens go to landscape when rotated. I have auto rotate enabled and when I am in an app like the browser it rotates but not the home screens. I come from the Droid X and this is a learning curve.
    You can't because they don't.
    12-01-2012 01:25 AM
    come on guys the answer is so obvious
    verizon obv. had to delete some widgets to make room for all their bloat

= )
    actually, as you go to the phone, most of the "bloat" belongs to Samsung. 5.77GB out of 16GB.
    12-01-2012 01:30 AM
    It is crazy...How do you make the home screens go to landscape when rotated. I have auto rotate enabled and when I am in an app like the browser it rotates but not the home screens. I come from the Droid X and this is a learning curve.
    You can download "Rotation Control" from the market and rotate all you want. It's a paid app with a trial version.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    my3chis likes this.
    12-01-2012 11:01 AM
    When you open a text from the notification shade it doesn't clear it from the list, you have to do it manually.
    12-01-2012 12:55 PM
    "Rotation Control"
    I just tried it, it's pretty incredible, it rotates homepage and dialer.
    12-01-2012 01:54 PM
    Rotation Control App works great. Here are my home screen and phone dialer in landscape.

karsdroid and my3chis like this.
    12-01-2012 03:22 PM
    After installing Rotation Control, one thing I can't get it to rotate yet is the in call screen.

meaning after I dial a number (in landscape) and the phone goes into a call it switches to portrait. Any ideas? Thanks,
    12-02-2012 01:06 AM
    Got that to work as well. This is a really nice App.
    12-02-2012 02:21 PM
    One complaint about the Yahoo Mail app. It doesn't refresh by itself. Meaning once I check the new email in my desktop browser, the file still shows as unread in the phone and unless I refresh the phone app manually it will continue to blink new email.

Any remedies?
    12-02-2012 04:46 PM
    You might need a new, faster micro SD card (assuming your photos are being stored on SD).
    Yes, pics are being stored on the SD card. Just bought a 64 GB Ultra Class 10 card, so that isn't it. It was less a "laggy" moment, than a temporary freeze (7-8 seconds). Haven't experienced it since though.
    12-02-2012 05:03 PM
    I'm loving this phone also. Came from a Galaxy Nexus which I had some issues with but all of those issues do not exist on the Note II.

The biggest thing that is driving me crazy with the Note II, is two things.
    1. No Wifi option in the notification bar, like on my friends AT&T Note II
    2. The font is too big in the "email" app. Yet on the "gmail" app you can make it much smaller. This is one issue I didn't have on the Galaxy Nexus.
    A. One other small issue with the "email" app is that I always have to access "All folders" to view sub folders. On the Galaxy Nexus it would add sub folders to the "Recent folder" list.

I'm sure all of these complaints can be fixed once ROMs start coming out, which is fine with me.

I forgot to mention that I love the car dock that I bought. It's the universal Samsung car mount that was designed around the Note 1 but works perfect with the Note 2. I even have the Verizon kickstand case and the car mount can still be used with that case.

Here's a picture of the Note II with the Verizon kickstand case and the mount. (I used my work iPhone to take the pic XD)

12-02-2012 05:14 PM
    I've been getting so many comments about the phone when I've been out. I can't tell if they're good comments or what... But it's mostly "that's a HUGE phone!" haha
    12-02-2012 05:34 PM
    where is the splanner on the verizon version. I cant find it?

cant find photo note either
    12-04-2012 06:54 PM
51 123