Now "Six Days" of ownership. Very impressive. Ongoing comments.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I picked mine up at about 10:00 on Thursday morning (the first day it became available) and have been setting it up. It's about twice as fast as my Galaxy Nexus. The screen is pretty amazing and the size just feels natural, doesn't seem that big. Now my Galaxy Nexus seems diminutive in comparison.

Samsung_Galaxy_NoteII.jpg

The Bluetooth sound quality is only slightly better than my Gnex. Go figure!!! But overall loving it so far.

Also the Google search bar is now removable and also can be configured with both clear and opaque background

Pls scroll down for new comments.

Last edited:

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Two Hours of ownership. Very impressed so far. Except!

Except no blocking mode and continuous scrolling through home screens. I can only imagine what else you will all find. So far no buy for me yet.

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Except no blocking mode and continuous scrolling through home screens. I can only imagine what else you will all find. So far no buy for me yet.

they have also removed some of the apps that were working with the multi-view window

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

two questions:

1) How do you change the apps that show up in the locked window?

2) When I connect the device to my computer it doesn't show it connected. This is weird because as soon as I connected my GNex it popped up on my desktop. Any ideas? Thanks,

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

I picked mine up at about 10:00 this morning and have been setting it up. It's about twice as fast as my Galaxy Nexus. The screen is pretty amazing and the size just feels natural, doesn't seem that big. Now my Galaxy Nexus seems diminutive in comparison.

http://bmwsuperbikes.com/Images/Samsung_Galaxy_NoteII.jpg

The Bluetooth sound quality is only slightly better than my Gnex. Go figure!!! But overall loving it so far.

Also the Google search bar is now removable and also can be configured with both clear and opaque background

You nailed it when you said it just feels natural. I got mine at about 9 and I also haven't put it down. And just like you, my G'Nex seems damn puny now.

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Do you get 4 rows of icons and the search bar like the Nexus? or does the search bar take up a row on the Note? I assume it isn't persistent on each screen?

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

two questions:

1) How do you change the apps that show up in the locked window?

2) When I connect the device to my computer it doesn't show it connected. This is weird because as soon as I connected my GNex it popped up on my desktop. Any ideas? Thanks,

Settings>Lock screen>Lock screen options>Shortcuts

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Why is that a big deal? Click on one of the dots on the main homescreen. Pinch out and you have them all tiled. I don't know why this is even an issue with some people.....

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Is there a way to change the bottom homescreen icons? I am struggling to find that setting....

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

Is there a way to change the bottom homescreen icons? I am struggling to find that setting....

sorry that didn't seem helpful.....place the icons you want on the bottom on the homepage, you can have 4, and then as you drag them towards the bottom row the one that is there swaps out for the one you are dragging and dropping into place.....

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

sorry that didn't seem helpful.....place the icons you want on the bottom on the homepage, you can have 4, and then as you drag them towards the bottom row the one that is there swaps out for the one you are dragging and dropping into place.....

I knew that. Apparently they d8rnt want to move the first time I tried.... very strange and thought it wss weird they werent moving!

MKita

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

The amount of trash pre installed is mind blowing. Anyway to get rid of it without rooting?

Transmitted from my Galaxy Note II

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

The amount of trash pre installed is mind blowing. Anyway to get rid of it without rooting?

Transmitted from my Galaxy Note II

I don't think so...,you can disable them in the settings....applications....all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781