HDMI outlet?

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
If they included the HDMI out, it would come from the usb port and use an adapter.

Either that or with one of the docks they are going to start selling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
You need something called an HML adapter, this will allow you to hook up an HDMI cable. But make sure it is specifically for the Note 2. The GS3 one will not work as they are different internal pin layouts

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Well isn't that just annoying..

I agree, this is so annoying! Yet another cord to buy! I just got through recently buying a few HDMI cords for my old Droid Razr Maxx. Even if I want to buy an HDMI cord for my Note 2, none of the local retailers carry these items. Double annoying! Haha!

Tari

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
The GS3 cord doesn't work? That's a surprise. I was under the impression that both the GS3 and GSN2 were using the 11-pin layout, while every other phone in existence that supports MHL is using the 5-pin layout.

Is there a difference between the two 11-pin ports?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
The GS3 cord doesn't work? That's a surprise. I was under the impression that both the GS3 and GSN2 were using the 11-pin layout, while every other phone in existence that supports MHL is using the 5-pin layout.

Is there a difference between the two 11-pin ports?

Its possible im wrong and misheard. I'll check again when I get a chance or perhaps someone else knows for a fact.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I read that people were experiencing some strange problems with the S3 MHL adapter. You really do need to use all the intended components for it to fully function. Ie - must use GN2 charging cable, MHL adapter and wall charger for it to work right.

As for the HDMI cable itself, doesn't matter. HDMI is HDMI. Samsung won't be changing that to boost accessory sales anytime soon.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Tari

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
That would be great, also try the Screen Standby app please

Not sure if you've had a chance to test these yourself yet, but I finally got my GN2 last night.

The GS3 MHL adapter works fine. Screen Standby app also works great. My old USB OTG cables also work, though I can't remember what brand or make they are.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I agree, this is so annoying! Yet another cord to buy! I just got through recently buying a few HDMI cords for my old Droid Razr Maxx. Even if I want to buy an HDMI cord for my Note 2, none of the local retailers carry these items. Double annoying! Haha!

register your note 2 on samgsungs website and they email you a 50% off code.......

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if you've had a chance to test these yourself yet, but I finally got my GN2 last night.

The GS3 MHL adapter works fine. Screen Standby app also works great. My old USB OTG cables also work, though I can't remember what brand or make they are.

Ok wonderful thanks so much for testing it out and letting us know :)

Tari

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok wonderful thanks so much for testing it out and letting us know :)

Yup, no problem. Unless I missed something, the screen standby app makes it a bit hard to navigate the phone, as the screen just turns off immediately, but it turns the screen back on as soon as the MHL adapater is unplugged, so it's not too bad. :)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yup, no problem. Unless I missed something, the screen standby app makes it a bit hard to navigate the phone, as the screen just turns off immediately, but it turns the screen back on as soon as the MHL adapater is unplugged, so it's not too bad. :)

i have never used it , it was recommended to me after stating my concern about the screen being on while veiwing a movie on a tv. when i had my Droid Charge i didnt like that about it when using the HDMI output it had

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, just a clarification please. So the HDMI cord for the Samsung Galaxy S3 works perfectly fine for the Note 2 ?

Thanks, Casey

Tari

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
i have never used it , it was recommended to me after stating my concern about the screen being on while veiwing a movie on a tv. when i had my Droid Charge i didnt like that about it when using the HDMI output it had

Yeah, I didn't really like that the screen stayed on while watching videos, either, so this app is a pretty good solution. Requires root, according to the app name, but as I'd already rooted, I can't confirm if you actually need root.

Sorry, just a clarification please. So the HDMI cord for the Samsung Galaxy S3 works perfectly fine for the Note 2 ?

Thanks, Casey

Yeah, the 11-pin MHL adapater for the GS3 works fine with the GN2. I bought the cable back before the GN2 was released.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

nanslife

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I read that people were experiencing some strange problems with the S3 MHL adapter. You really do need to use all the intended components for it to fully function. Ie - must use GN2 charging cable, MHL adapter and wall charger for it to work right.

As for the HDMI cable itself, doesn't matter. HDMI is HDMI. Samsung won't be changing that to boost accessory sales anytime soon.

Im having trouble using my Samsung hdmi/mhl adapter with my note. It worked fine with my gs3 then I got the note 2 and now the picture is fine but the sound is garbled and unintelligible. I turned the first phone in and it does the same thing with the second one as well. Can't seem to find anyone else having the same issue. anyone have any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad