blue tooth and headset equal conflict

in8won

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I like to stream pandora in the car and I connect my phone to the auxiliary input jack via cable. Well when I get a call I have to unplug the cable from the phone or I am not heard. Blue is connected but I cant switch off headset without unplugging cable.

Thanks for any help

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I do, I think all my android phones had this behavior. You have to unplug to get bluetooth to come out of the speakers. I'm not sure if there is a workaround this, but hope there is one. Kind of annoying to unplug and then replug.

in8won

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
It worked on my droid x. Well if anyone is reading this that can fix thesevthings just make it so I can chose between speeker, blue tooth, or headset when audio jack is being used.

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok, after a few hours of research I finally found a couple of solutions.

1) probably the cheapest method is to purchase an app called soundabout pro for 2.99. It lets you prioritize bluetooth over headphone when receiving calls. They have a free version, but it disables the feature that we need. Maybe there are free apps similar to this, but I haven't been able to find it.

2) to purchase a bt dongle that connects to aux, this is more expensive and doesn't seem to work so well. You have to keep pairing it everytime and also make sure the dongle is charged somehow.

3) Not really a solution, but a work around, is just not use bt and answer calls thru your phone. But drawkback is you have to hold your phone and speak into mic and you can hear the other person via car speakers. This is what k normally do. Of course you lose your k. Car bt features too.

I will probably try that app out and see if it works. Because I don't want to hold this phone to my mouth. Illegal here in cali, plus it is too noticeable when holding. I can't hide it in my hand lol.

bigboi3021

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I can say that this is not an Android behavior, it's a result of the custom dialers that Samsung and Moto use. I have a VZW GNex with stock JB that I use in a dock wired to my car stereo and calls default to my bluetooth headset when there is one connected. There is also an option to choose between speaker, Bluetooth headset and wired headset right from the call screen. I know it's a different device, but I assume that the setting would be there. It just might be a little harder to locate.

in8won

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I can say that this is not an Android behavior, it's a result of the custom dialers that Samsung and Moto use. I have a VZW GNex with stock JB that I use in a dock wired to my car stereo and calls default to my bluetooth headset when there is one connected. There is also an option to choose between speaker, Bluetooth headset and wired headset right from the call screen. I know it's a different device, but I assume that the setting would be there. It just might be a little harder to locate.

The setting used to be there in my droid x but it is gone in the Note 2.

The Soundabout app works great though. Problem Fixed!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy