Verizon closed upgrade Loophole for family share plan members?

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Edited by mod.

You bad we can't force them to give back unlimited.

When i get my agent line I'm still going to stick with t mobile

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Last edited by a moderator:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My brother did exactly this yesterday, so it does still work. But, he was told by a Verizon rep a couple of months ago that Verizon IS going to stop allowing this. They just haven't yet.

And yes, they CAN stop you. The rep told my brother that what they are going to do (at some point in the future) is look at the ESN of the phone you're activating on your line that has Unlimited Data. If the ESN is for a phone you just bought from them (i.e. within a certain amount of time), then they won't allow that ESN to activate on your line that has Unlimited Data.

I stopped reading after "the rep told my brother..." ;)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon is so gay for this.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

I hope none of your potential customers see you talking like this.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a Thunderbolt now with unlimited data and am eligible for upgrade. I only have the single line. Can I add another phone at a discounted upgrade/new line price to the plan and have 2 lines and retain unlimited?

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a Thunderbolt now with unlimited data and am eligible for upgrade. I only have the single line. Can I add another phone at a discounted upgrade/new line price to the plan and have 2 lines and retain unlimited?

you could try adding a dumb phone to a new line, then switch your upgrade to that line and after activating the note 2, switch the note 2 onto your line and reactivate the dumb phone onto the new account.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Like what?

It is

Keep saying that. Best customer service ever. You sound like the perfect person to buy a phone from.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I tried this at Best Buy. When we were trying to activate an upgrade for another line I had, the system was forcing every one of my lines to tiered data. The only way to get around it was to activate a new line and go forward. While this worked for me because I had an available line, people that are maxed out will get screwed...unless the person helping me didn't know what she was doing.

They just didn't know what they were doing. It's a confusing process but completely possible

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is so gay for this.

I got mine with att no contract :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

flipster

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I just recently (one week ago) did this and it worked fine, although I am not unlimited. I swapped lines, then upgraded. There might be something wrong there.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
When I sold a phone at full retail there was no commission so I don't know where you get your information. Commission is on the contract. Not the phone that is sold.

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Keep saying that. Best customer service ever. You sound like the perfect person to buy a phone from.

I guess you're one of those people that think getting rid of unlimited is a good idea?

I mean of course i never say anything about my true feelings to a customer...

Jim_1234

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
The only problem I have seen with switching a phone over to a different line is your warranty is void. I had a warranty issue and had to fight with the manager to get it covered.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I guess you're one of those people that think getting rid of unlimited is a good idea?

I mean of course i never say anything about my true feelings to a customer...

No. I'm one of those people that doesn't need to call something "gay" if I don't agree with it.

arcoms

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Ry. He doesn't even seem to understand why his customers might find how he's talking offensive.

I'm all for unlimited data (I use a LOT), but the fact of the matter is Verizon is going to swap everyone to the tiered plans at some point. They WANT you to be on current plans. All telco companies do. Sprint got the same heat when they started charging the premium data fee, which was a fancy way of saying we're gonna charge you more because you have a smart phone, without actually saying that. All we can do is keep complaining about it to the wireless companies and hopefully they'll get the message. Sadly I doubt they will. Once both Verizon and AT&T apply a tactic, eventually the others do too (killing off yearly upgrades and 30 day return reduced to 15 day return policy are two good examples).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Ry. He doesn't even seem to understand why his customers might find how he's talking offensive.

I'm all for unlimited data (I use a LOT), but the fact of the matter is Verizon is going to swap everyone to the tiered plans at some point. They WANT you to be on current plans. All telco companies do. Sprint got the same heat when they started charging the premium data fee, which was a fancy way of saying we're gonna charge you more because you have a smart phone, without actually saying that. All we can do is keep complaining about it to the wireless companies and hopefully they'll get the message. Sadly I doubt they will. Once both Verizon and AT&T apply a tactic, eventually the others do too (killing off yearly upgrades and 30 day return reduced to 15 day return policy are two good examples).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Actually my customers tend to say the same thing verbatim. What's so offensive about it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12