Beam To Galaxy Nexus

J_Rock

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Will the Note 2 beam pics to the Galaxy Nexus? For some reason I cant get pics to beam to my wife's GN. When we both had the GN it worked fine. Her phone is not the issue because it will beam fine with my old GN.

MKita

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Did you turn it on (i know i know lol) but my phone came with it turned off

Transmitted from my Galaxy Note II

J_Rock

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if my N2 is defective or you need to do something other than turning on NFC and S Beam in the settings. I am I missing something?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Also do you have the stock battery cover on, or at least a replacement with the nfc antenna built in..

Both nfc on. Both stock battery covers. So I don't know what's up. I never tried on my nexis before so I can't say which phone is the culprit

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

J_Rock

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the stock battery cover and the nfc on in the settings. I know it is not the Nexus because it is beaming fine with other phones. I am stuck.

J_Rock

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Also remember that the antennas are in different spots so the phones won't be level. .
Great info. That worked! I was just keeping them level. You have to play around with the location of the 2 phones back to back. You ave to make sure the antennas are right on top of each other. Thanks for everyone's help!

iynstein

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
how do you beam? do you just have NFC enabled and simply go to another phone that has NFC enabled and it simply works right on the spot? Or do you have to be in a specific app?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
how do you beam? do you just have NFC enabled and simply go to another phone that has NFC enabled and it simply works right on the spot? Or do you have to be in a specific app?

You have to be in the app you want to share something from..like the gallery. Pull up the pic, touch phones back to back (gently) and tap the screen(the sender) after you hear the audio cue or see the prompt on screen

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
When I beam from the note to my galaxy nexus or the 7 it opens the play store and says app not available.
I can beam from them to the note with no problems.

Sent by Accident

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Caution NFC may not function properly with the use of a 3rd party battery. To ensure functionality, only utilize the Samsung designed battery with Near Field Communication printed on the battery label.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Caution NFC may not function properly with the use of a 3rd party battery. To ensure functionality, only utilize the Samsung designed battery with Near Field Communication printed on the battery label.

On the note 2,the NFC antenna is in the battery cover. Some other phones though did have the NFC antenna in the battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt