Major Issue Here

mccabegc

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
As soon as I installed it and switched off 4g it immediately killed all radios and services except wifi. It may not be because of the SIM card though. Possibly it's Note 2 specific.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I am not disputing your issues with the app/phone compatibility. I have seen stranger things when it comes to apps and hardware working together. I am disputing the statement that the phone info app is not compatible with VZW 4g LTE Sim Cards when I have first hand experience on my wife's S3 that says different.

I am thankful that you got your phone working though. I was hoping to use this app to manage my LTE connection since I don't want it on all the time. I may give it a shot. I may wait for an upgrade and see if they acknowledge any known issues.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Those apps don't work with Verizon 4G sims. You will need to get your sim replaced. Tell them you have been getting sim errors. They will replace it for free no questions assked.

Sent from my Droid using Android Central Forums

Yep. The Phone Info app isn't compatible with the 4G LTE SIM's on Verizon. I agree on your warning to stay away from it. Glad your phone is working now. :)

I am not disputing your issues with the app/phone compatibility. I have seen stranger things when it comes to apps and hardware working together. I am disputing the statement that the phone info app is not compatible with VZW 4g LTE Sim Cards when I have first hand experience on my wife's S3 that says different.

I am thankful that you got your phone working though. I was hoping to use this app to manage my LTE connection since I don't want it on all the time. I may give it a shot. I may wait for an upgrade and see if they acknowledge any known issues.

Phone info worked great on my Verizon Galaxy S3 and it works great on my Verizon Galaxy Note 2.

Last edited:

jian9007

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Phone info worked great on my Verizon Galaxy S3 and it works great on my Verizon Galaxy Note 2.

I should clarify my previous post by saying that it depends on which Phone Info app you're talking about using. There are several in the Play store that are named "Phone Info," but are different apps made by different developers. I forget that not everyone knows there are several apps with the same names in the Play store (which is kind of ridiculous for Google to allow, but that's another story).

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
As soon as I installed it and switched off 4g it immediately killed all radios and services except wifi. It may not be because of the SIM card though. Possibly it's Note 2 specific.

Wait.....................Initially you indicated that you had downloaded the app and did not change or do anything? Here you say that you switched 4G off? Could it be that you did not turn 4G back on before you deleted the app? I ask because I have "Phone Info" app on my S3, on Verizon and it works fine.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Wait.....................Initially you indicated that you had downloaded the app and did not change or do anything? Here you say that you switched 4G off? Could it be that you did not turn 4G back on before you deleted the app? I ask because I have "Phone Info" app on my S3, on Verizon and it works fine.

I did not intentionally turn off 4g within the app initially upon the first download of the app. As soon as I opened the app the first time, all service was lost and I did not touch anything in the app. I then uninstalled the app hoping that would reverse whatever happened. It did not. I then re-downloaded the app hoping that I could use it to turn services back on and it kept saying "refreshing sim card." At that point I uninstalled the app again, removed the sim card and did a factory reset whereupon everything worked again.

I do believe that what happened is what you said...because I so hastly deleted the app, things got stuck turned off but what gets me is that I did nothing with the app besides open it, lose all service, and then immediately delete it

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I did not intentionally turn off 4g within the app initially upon the first download of the app. As soon as I opened the app the first time, all service was lost and I did not touch anything in the app. I then uninstalled the app hoping that would reverse whatever happened. It did not. I then re-downloaded the app hoping that I could use it to turn services back on and it kept saying "refreshing sim card." At that point I uninstalled the app again, removed the sim card and did a factory reset whereupon everything worked again.

I do believe that what happened is what you said...because I so hastly deleted the app, things got stuck turned off but what gets me is that I did nothing with the app besides open it, lose all service, and then immediately delete it

In any case glad you got it sorted out. Nothing like having a "Heart Attack" with a brand new toy! How are you liking the Note 2? I have played with it a few times @ Verizon and it is very nice! Good Luck and enjoy your new toy.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
In any case glad you got it sorted out. Nothing like having a "Heart Attack" with a brand new toy! How are you liking the Note 2? I have played with it a few times @ Verizon and it is very nice! Good Luck and enjoy your new toy.

Thanks! It about gave me a heart attack when I couldn't figure it out and I thought I bricked my brand new device.

All in all it's the best phone I've ever used. I don't particularly like touchwiz as I came from an AOSP rooted Thunderbolt with some awesome features but as far as operations go, it's incredible. Multiview is amazing as I was listening to Pandora, texting, and surfing the web all at the same time with true multitasking and it never skipped a beat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance