Stock JellyBean Widgets on Note 2

jro0420

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm moving from the Galaxy Nexus to the Note 2 (Well Already Moved). I like many can't stand all the bloatware installed, but I can look past this if I can get some of my favorite stripped down widgets that come standard on the Galaxy Nexus running 4.1. I've found the GoogleEars APK, but can not find the Mail Widget (Live View of the Mailbox(s), The My Music Google Play Widget. Also has anyone found a way to replace the Notifications Drop down or edit the Lock Screen? I am currently running NOVA launcher.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
WidgetLocker (by the same developer as Novalauncher) is a great lock screen replacement.

Pure Messenger Widget is a great source of Notification information for the lock screen.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know why txt msgs don't show on the lock-screen on the N2 like it did the GS3? I'm not talking about the icon at the bottom of the screen to go straight to the app I am talking about the one that shows up when you receive a text.

elvis1935

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know why txt msgs don't show on the lock-screen on the N2 like it did the GS3? I'm not talking about the icon at the bottom of the screen to go straight to the app I am talking about the one that shows up when you receive a text.

I would like to know about this too. I really miss it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure if I'm understanding your issues but I use hand cent SMS and when a text comes in it shows up on my lock screen and allows me to respond. Is that your issue? With stock text app? Sorry if I'm not getting your point...

mtech5

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I have an s3 so my question is how do you have the message show up on lock screen?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure if I'm understanding your issues but I use hand cent SMS and when a text comes in it shows up on my lock screen and allows me to respond. Is that your issue? With stock text app? Sorry if I'm not getting your point...

On the S3 a small envelope popped up on the lockscreen with how many texts you had and what not. It does not do this on the N2

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm moving from the Galaxy Nexus to the Note 2 (Well Already Moved). I like many can't stand all the bloatware installed, but I can look past this if I can get some of my favorite stripped down widgets that come standard on the Galaxy Nexus running 4.1. I've found the GoogleEars APK, but can not find the Mail Widget (Live View of the Mailbox(s), The My Music Google Play Widget. Also has anyone found a way to replace the Notifications Drop down or edit the Lock Screen? I am currently running NOVA launcher.

I am having the same issues. I keep changing the wallpaper on the lockscreen, but it doesn't stick. Also...I cannot find the regular email widget that I would blow up on its own screen for fast access!!

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Me too. That and the lockscreen issues (not being able to set my own wallpaper) are my only complaints about this phone - it is amazing!! Think when someone comes out with a custom ROM without all the bloat for this phone how fast it will be....:D

Neil Witton

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Really made up with my note 2, not had any issues with it. Had no problem setting lock screen wallpaper and always get sms icon on lock screen

Nightscape

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I may be misunderstanding, but simply hit menu key, settings, display, wallpaper, change just lockscreen from there.

Ahhh, got it. Thanks. I'm coming from a fascinate running gingerbread where half of the features that are now stock on jb I was using through apps. Lol

MKita

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Google Music widget is there. Unfortunately I for the life of me cannot figure out how to get Google play on the lock screen like the nexus did..

Transmitted from my Galaxy Note II

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance