How to do hand swipe for screenshot save?

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried to take a screen shot with my palm for about 20 minutes and gave up. How exactly do you do it (after checking the option in motion settings of course)?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I tried to take a screen shot with my palm for about 20 minutes and gave up. How exactly do you do it (after checking the option in motion settings of course)?

Well like you said check the option and make sure motion is on. Then on the right side of the screen place your hand perpendicular to the screen like a butter knife, then swipe across the screen this way.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I had a hard time with this on my S3. I just use the fail proof method - press the power and home buttons together and hold until the shot is taken.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Well like you said check the option and make sure motion is on. Then on the right side of the screen place your hand perpendicular to the screen like a butter knife, then swipe across the screen this way.

I think my note hates my hand. haha. I'm doing exactly as you say and I'm getting no where. I even went back and unchecked and rechecked the option to see if that would do any good. How far away is your hand from the phone when you do it? I've tried at various distances.

Last edited:

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
This is driving me crazy, I give up! I was only able to do the hand swipe screenshot one time and had trouble replicating it. The power and home button press does work however.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
All right, I've gotten slightly better at this hand swiping thing. I noticed if I hold my hand in such a way as to give a karate chop to the phone, then just lightly tap the far right of the phone with the bottom of the hand (in same position as a handshake), then move hand across from right to left of screen. The problem is that I can only do this correctly maybe 2 or 3 tries out of 5, so it certainly isn't consistent.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The swipe works for me in either direction, and it works every time. Hand completely straight, like a karate chop to the phone, set the edge of little finger and hand down to touch either side of the screen and then swipe that edge of the hand across the surface to the opposite side of the screen. Very easy on my phone with my hand . . .

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I tell people to karate chop the screen, then slide across the phone. My coworker struggled with this very instance, and then did it with no problem.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I really don't see how people have a problem with this lol.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

KB Entertainer

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
It doesnt work for me AT ALL! It shouldnt be that difficult to see why people are having a hard time with it. It isnt like those of us who cant do it are idiots. Sometime with machines things go wrong dont be judgemental. All the proper functioning buttons have been pushed. Its in motion hand gesture mode. The hand screen shot box is check. It simpky does not work for me. Perhaps my hands are too small. Whatever I give up. It sucks

Josphe72

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1362263929107.jpg

Assume the Karate Chop position with your dominate hand. Place it on the far most edge of the phone , make contact with the screen and drag your hand across it.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for bringing this topic up..... cool feature and the hand swipe worked perfectly on my Note 2. Karate chop position, press down firmly as you swipe across. I swyped right to left.

I was using the "press spen and button down on the screen" method which works great too! Only difference is the swipe sends it to the clip board and the spen press brings it up right away with the edit and save screen.

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
It doesnt work for me AT ALL! It shouldnt be that difficult to see why people are having a hard time with it. It isnt like those of us who cant do it are idiots. Sometime with machines things go wrong dont be judgemental. All the proper functioning buttons have been pushed. Its in motion hand gesture mode. The hand screen shot box is check. It simpky does not work for me. Perhaps my hands are too small. Whatever I give up. It sucks
Don't pay attention to those negative replies and don't give up!

I had to press down pretty firmly as I swiped across. Try applying more pressure as you move across the screen.

Margie
Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I think maybe people are not touching the screen instead they may be floating their hands over.

Like mentioned above in karate chop position make sure the length of your hand is touching from top to bottom then slide your whole hand across.