Screen turns on every time a text is received...can I disable this?

NinjaKitty05

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello! :)

I have been lurking these forums since I heard about the Note 2, but this is my first post (yay lol) Like many of you, I received my Note 2 on Thursday, and have only had it for a couple of days... but I am new to Samsung (coming from a Razr Maxx) and have a couple of questions.
Whenever I receive a text, the screen turns on for a second... is there a way to turn this off? I prefer to just have the notification light come on. I've searched the settings, the manual, and even Google but I can't seem to find anything.
Also, how do I rearrange the icons on the bottom of the home screen? (I prefer to have the apps icon in the center, not all the way on the right)
Thank you for your time! ^_^

Opticzar

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Bump. I'd also like to know how to keep the screen from turning on when a text is received. Seems ridiculous. Just need a notification light.

MiXoLoGiSt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Honestly you don't even have to really worry about it. It only stays on for like one second and turns off. Personally I like it because it's easy to see when I have a text.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Honestly you don't even have to really worry about it. It only stays on for like one second and turns off. Personally I like it because it's easy to see when I have a text.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

This. I think it's pretty cool. Then again I'll probably get sick of it soon enough. :p

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1