When will Costco get the Verizon Note II?

huey123

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't work there, but when I asked they said this Wednesday 12/05.

I'll believe it when I see it (or hear it after I call tomorrow). My past experience leads me to believe that the salespeople mistook the AT&T/T-Mobile Note II with the Verizon version. Those versions are already online and are going to be in stores soon.
I really hope you're right though. That would be a nice early present.

mlbfreaks2765

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Taken from membershipwireless.com (Costco Wireless)
Image.ashx

LOOK, the pic is the VZW version.

jwadsy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone work there? Any info? Thanks!

I was just on Maui 10/5 and the Verizon rep there said that they were supposed to get it December 10. They said it would be ship to home only from that store. Then today I called the Costco in Salem, Oregon and the rep there said they are supposed to have it available for purchase in store December 10. So I gotta wait four more days.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I was in a Costco tonight and the rep told me that they have received their dummy phones, but no inventory yet. They expect it any day, but he did not have a specific date.

jengobengo

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
The Costco rep I spoke to knew nothing and even said the tax savings is not that much ("maybe $30") when referring to the other carrier versions. I was surprised he kinda just blew me off! But it depends on the rep, I've seen other guys there at different hours who are more knowledgeable. But dude really made me think twice...why am I buying it from Costco again? I get points/contract extension gift card at Best Buy...Hmm

aestep1014

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I stopped in yesterday. Our rep said a memo went out saying it will be available at "select locations" on the 10th. She was not sure if that meant the top 50 mobile locations or top 100. At the very least though, we should be able to order online on the 10th. She also said they likely won't be available until around 9 am pacific. So us east coast folks should wait to come into the store until after noon. Take with the usual grain of salt...

jwadsy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
...why am I buying it from Costco again? I get points/contract extension gift card at Best Buy...Hmm

Well, you also get 90 days to decide if you like the phone. Also, Costco partnered with SquareTrade recently to provide insurance for phones. It's 100.00 flat fee with a 25.00 deductible. My last two phones were something like 6.95 a month with a 50.00 deductible. Current phones have huge deductibles. I looked up the insurance for a T-Mobile Note 2 and it is 7.99 for full coverage with a 135.00 deductible. I just found this document that shows that the insurance on a Note 2 from T-Mobile starting March 17, 2013 will be 11.99 a month with a 175.00 deductible. http://www.phoneclaim.com/documents/T-Mobile/New-Additiona-Devices.pdf

jengobengo

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Well, you also get 90 days to decide if you like the phone. Also, Costco partnered with SquareTrade recently to provide insurance for phones. It's 100.00 flat fee with a 25.00 deductible. My last two phones were something like 6.95 a month with a 50.00 deductible. Current phones have huge deductibles. I looked up the insurance for a T-Mobile Note 2 and it is 7.99 for full coverage with a 135.00 deductible. I just found this document that shows that the insurance on a Note 2 from T-Mobile starting March 17, 2013 will be 11.99 a month with a 175.00 deductible. http://www.phoneclaim.com/documents/T-Mobile/New-Additiona-Devices.pdf

Good point. There are always benefits/cost savers laid into buying electronics at Costco (either thru bundles or ease of resolving quality issues). My current situation has me looking for more initial cost savers (lower total price), but these are important factors too. (The free accessories are not really on my radar)

jwadsy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
(The free accessories are not really on my radar)

Same here. I couldn't care less about the accessories. I'm personally more concerned about the ease of return and customer care that Costco offers. Although, after looking into the insurance costs, it sounds like Costco is offering a good value with SquareTrade.

aestep1014

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Definitely the best reason to buy from Costco. I'm also secretly hoping that a miracle will occur and a nexus 4 will be released within the 90 days of purchase so I can return the note 2 for the nexus experience... Not counting in it, but just in case...

aventador779

May 18, 2012
Visit site
So I called my local Costco and they said they are getting the Note II TOMORROW (Monday).

The price is going to be a WHOPPING $329! But for the average person that price will be about the same as with Verizon because you are paying tax from the $329, not the $699, but plus you're getting that accessory kit and other things like the SquareTrade insurance, but IMO the Best Buy Geeksquad insurance is much better. ($10/mo, no deductible, replace as many times as you want. SquareTrade is $99 for two years, which I most likely won't be with the phone for two years, and plus a $25 deductible, and you can only replace 4 times.)

I have a $50 upgrade credit (which 3rd party retailers don't take) so I am going to buy from Verizon. Such a shame, I could already have had the Note II for half a month already.

jwadsy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I called Costco on Monday and they said it didn't come in as expected. I called Tuesday and they said it was delayed and should arrive on the 19th. I went ahead and bought one at a local Verizon store. I love it. I'm going to get my wife's from Costco when they get them in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908