Make Any App Work With Multi-View!!! No Root Needed

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
i havent done this in like 2 yrs , let me take a whack at it and see how i do when i get a chance, then ill try to see where problems may lie...... I do remember that i was able to change some apps and resign them. but others would not let me put them back together at all

I appreciate it.
If it's easier for you, you could let us know why the script isn't working.
I select option 9 and the window closes, it never places any files in the project folder or anywhere else.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
why dont you just tell us what apps you want changed and we will see if we can do that for you.

Droidxcon, that is nice of you my friend. Ultimately, based on what I know from these forums, Twitter and nba gametime are the only ones that i would use and actually have on my phone. Is there a ongoing list of what apps have been changed to work?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Droidxcon, that is nice of you my friend. Ultimately, based on what I know from these forums, Twitter and nba gametime are the only ones that i would use and actually have on my phone. Is there a ongoing list of what apps have been changed to work?

No, i have collected some but ill keep working on it, in the mean time try these
Twitter
Gametime

donkeypunched

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
You aren't the only ones that don't get it! The apk folder is non existent under my username. When I try to run option nine, the software simply closes and nothing happens. When I try to install framework it says it cannot be found. I changed my path to point to java, now I get an error about something being unexpected. Very confusing. My issues could stem from running windows 8, however. I am fairly literate with this stuff, having always used ADB to manually root my phones, but I just cannot get this thing to work. I would like to see hulu up and running on this, but I don't think I am going to get there!

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
You aren't the only ones that don't get it! The apk folder is non existent under my username. When I try to run option nine, the software simply closes and nothing happens. When I try to install framework it says it cannot be found. I changed my path to point to java, now I get an error about something being unexpected. Very confusing. My issues could stem from running windows 8, however. I am fairly literate with this stuff, having always used ADB to manually root my phones, but I just cannot get this thing to work. I would like to see hulu up and running on this, but I don't think I am going to get there!

The script isn't working for me either, option 9 just closes the window.
As far as the apktools folder, that will not show up until you have first decompiled an apk, which I had to do manually because the script isn't working for me.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
lol download them, put them on your SD card , then use your file manager in your apps , open them and select install. thats it

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
for those two apps yeah,,,,make sure you have the unknown sources checked off .........settings>security>unknown sources

But we can't get by step 3 in the directions. . This is the problem we all have.. Replace the file at the following path with the one you just downloaded:
C:\Users\(w/e your username is)\apktool\ Please read all these posts.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
But we can't get by step 3 in the directions. . This is the problem we all have.. Replace the file at the following path with the one you just downloaded:
C:\Users\(w/e your username is)\apktool\ Please read all these posts.

I told you why you don't have the apktool folder.

I don't believe you get that particular folder until you have decompiled an apk.
I just tested it. I renamed my apktool folder to apktool2. I extracted the multiltool again, the apktool folder did not return, and I didn't expect it to.

Next, using the command line, I went into the [other] folder in the multi-tool folder, and ran apktool d [filename].apk.
That creates the apktool folder.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I told you why you don't have the apktool folder.

I don't believe you get that particular folder until you have decompiled an apk.
I just tested it. I renamed my apktool folder to apktool2. I extracted the multiltool again, the apktool folder did not return, and I didn't expect it to.

Next, using the command line, I went into the [other] folder in the multi-tool folder, and ran apktool d [filename].apk.
That creates the apktool folder.

OK but post some screen shots or something please. Why is it such a big deal to make a quick video to help us out. I know I would if I knew how to do this.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
OK but post some screen shots or something please. Why is it such a big deal to make a quick video to help us out. I know I would if I knew how to do this.

I'm fumbling my way thru this too.

I created a folder on my desktop named apk manager. I extracted the multi tool into that folder.
You have extracted the files for the apk multi tool, right?

Using windows explorer, find the apk file that you want to edit. Copy it into the sub folder "other" which is in the folder where you extracted the multi tool.

From here on, I use the command line because the script isn't working for me.
Hit the start button in your windows toolbar.
Hit run. (Depending on your version of windows, you tap run then type cmd, or just type cmd in the box with the magnifying class, then hit enter.)

Then you have to navigate to the folder where you extracted the multi tool.

Now go into the "other" folder.

Type apktool d filename.apk
(Example: apktool d "dolphin browser.apk"
If the file name has spaces, then you need to put ""

After that you will have the apktool folder you're looking for.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
The script isn't working for me either, option 9 just closes the window.
As far as the apktools folder, that will not show up until you have first decompiled an apk, which I had to do manually because the script isn't working for me.

Do me a favor and download the Old APK manager and try that one, let me know if it closes when you try to decompile

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm fumbling my way thru this too.

I created a folder on my desktop named apk manager. I extracted the multi tool into that folder.
You have extracted the files for the apk multi tool, right?

Using windows explorer, find the apk file that you want to edit. Copy it into the sub folder "other" which is in the folder where you extracted the multi tool.

From here on, I use the command line because the script isn't working for me.
Hit the start button in your windows toolbar.
Hit run. (Depending on your version of windows, you tap run then type cmd, or just type cmd in the box with the magnifying class, then hit enter.)

Then you have to navigate to the folder where you extracted the multi tool.

Now go into the "other" folder.

Type apktool d filename.apk
(Example: apktool d "dolphin browser.apk"
If the file name has spaces, then you need to put ""

After that you will have the apktool folder you're looking for.

Pool Shark , before you run the script.bat you are running setup.bat first correct?

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Do me a favor and download the Old APK manager and try that one, let me know if it closes when you try to decompile

Yep, same thing.

I thought maybe it was a java thing, but according to the log it knows I have java installed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Mon 12/03/2012 -- 21:39:15.93|
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
java version "1.7.0_09"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_09-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 23.5-b02, mixed mode, sharing)
Pushups_1.1.apk==None was unexpected at this time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca