For a few days I have been tossing the idea of getting the note 2. Finally I decided to just add a line and sell my S3 and then use that cash to pay the etf.. I got my n2 last night and well... There's no other way to say but holy sh!t this device is amazing.

I was worried about the size of the device and how it would be holding it. Yes it is pretty big but it still fits nicely in my hand, it's not heavy at all and very slim. On the downside, u Def can not thumb text with one hand. It's hard. The speed of the device is amazing too. No lagging no freezing, nothing. So fast!!

One thing I hate about touchscreens is trying to type. I've always used swift key with the s3 and it's been great but nothing beats an actual keyboard. Using swift key on the note is perfect. The screen is the perfect size to type on the screen. It's perfect.

The next doubt I had was the battery. I work at an airport for us airways so I'm always having flight aware or flight radar pro running most of the day along with daily use of messaging, Facebook, AC and what not. I took the phone off the charger this morning at 8am and here it is now at 931pm and I'm at 55 percent with no charge during the day. Amazing!!!

The screen quality is perfect. U have to see it to believe it. It puts the s3 to shame. The s pen comes in handy but haven't really used if much besides draw something. To sum it up... If you're thinking about getting the note 2...DO IT. you will not regret it!!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    collett, geekaren, WhoMe and 1 others like this.
    12-02-2012 08:34 PM
    Wow. Just to get a phone? Ppl are starving and losing their jobs. I would never get a 2nd line just to get a phone and sell phone to cover ETF. That's nuts

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet
    rexxman likes this.
    12-02-2012 10:11 PM
    The best way to move to a different device.
    12-02-2012 10:23 PM
    Ok, left Palm Web OS awhile ago I went from that to an HTC EVO 3D loved the phone just not the service lol. A friend and I were tired and went into a Verizon store one day, a few weeks later he dumped his service from Sprint and went with a Galaxy S3 on Verizon since summer, and I have been Jealous lol. He LOVES the Service. I was really wanting to, but did not want to cancel my service with Sprint and pay ugg. He gave me his sprint Galaxy Epic 4g touch (sprints S2) and I have been living with sprint. I heard rumors at the time that Verizon would get the Galaxy Note 2...... It was worth the wait! I cancelled my line with Sprint Friday, and ported my phone over to Verizon for the Galaxy Note 2 !!! I love this phone, I love having service pretty much where ever I go!! We were laughing, saying I would no longer have to tether my sprint phone to his Verizon phone just to get any kind of Service!!! Anyone thinking of getting a Galaxy Note 2 just make the jump, verizon even gave me a $75 dollor credit on the old phone and applied it to my purchase price of current phone! That really helped me out !! Have I said I love this Phone!! lol
    12-02-2012 10:28 PM
    Priorities. Nothing wrong if his/hers don't line up with yours.

I've been bouncing back and forth about getting the device. I'm currently rocking a Bionic that I actually really like, but would like to have something faster and /w a larger screen. I'm month-to-month now on a Verizon unlimited data plan. I kind of want to wait for a couple (six) of months until the Motorola/Google phones start hitting the streets. I'm a get locked in for two years and use it kinda guy, and the GN2 certainly is a device that could fit the bill. Just don't know if I should pull the trigger right now or hold out. Thoughts?
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    12-02-2012 10:28 PM
    Wow. Just to get a phone? Ppl are starving and losing their jobs. I would never get a 2nd line just to get a phone and sell phone to cover ETF. That's nuts

No offense Jude but this is a forum dedicated to smart phones, what the OP did is sorta typical for us here. This is our hobby. Hobbies are our escape from the unemployment line and starving children concerns. I'm sure there are forums for that too, but this isn't the place.

I did an alternate upgrade and sold my S3 to pay for the Note 2.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    12-02-2012 10:30 PM
    No offense Jude but this is a forum dedicated to smart phones, what the OP did is sorta typical for us here. This is our hobby. Hobbies are our escape from the unemployment line and starving children concerns. I'm sure there are forums for that too, but this isn't the place.

I did an alternate upgrade and sold my S3 to pay for the Note 2.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I too am a phone hobbyist. I also volunteer at "Feed My Starving Children" and stay politically active on job issues.

I welcome Jude weighing in with her opinion and perspective.

Just as much as I do your's WhoMe.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    12-02-2012 11:02 PM
    Priorities. Nothing wrong if his/hers don't line up with yours.

I've been bouncing back and forth about getting the device. I'm currently rocking a Bionic that I actually really like, but would like to have something faster and /w a larger screen. I'm month-to-month now on a Verizon unlimited data plan. I kind of want to wait for a couple (six) of months until the Motorola/Google phones start hitting the streets. I'm a get locked in for two years and use it kinda guy, and the GN2 certainly is a device that could fit the bill. Just don't know if I should pull the trigger right now or hold out. Thoughts?

You know, I sold my Galaxy Nexus about a month back to fund my upgrade (or most of it) to the Note 2. I then used a buddy's old Bionic for a month while I waited for Verizon to get their crap together and ship my new device. Let me tell you, going from a Bionic to an N2 is like going from a WWII P-47 to a modern production F-35..they are just worlds apart, man. I don't think you'll fully get the difference in quality until you have that new Note in hand. My advice: get one. Now. It's the best Android device on the market by a long shot, and the first one we've seen in some time that is actually truly innovative. I can say without hesitation that it's the only smartphone I've owned that I'm 100% pleased. Nearly perfect at everything it does. Get it.
    12-02-2012 11:29 PM
    I actually have four lines. Two on Verizon and two on sprint. So, I'm a little addicted haha. I'm in the process of canceling sprint altogether

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums
    12-03-2012 09:21 AM
    I am all for the tech stuff. But personally can wait for my upgrade. I did have a bolt issue and Verizon allowed me to switch to a Rezound. I do want the note2 but won't add a line to get it. I am logical and having been in the unemployment line not fun being without. As you get older priorities change.

ladyc0524 likes this.
    12-04-2012 09:08 PM