"Dot" when I touch the screen

Grndlvl

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
So I didn't notice this until just now after I rebooted the phone. When I am using my finger to touch the screen, a "dot" appears where I touch. As if to let you know that that is where you touched. I have no idea how this turned on, and have no idea what it would be called to turn it off. Any ideas?

Grndlvl

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Never mind. Apparently, if you turn on the "Developer Options", that's when it shows up. I'm not really sure why, but that's what it was. As soon as I turned them off, the dot went away.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings and It is actually under Developer Options and uncheck "Show Touches". I checked this by mistake and it was driving me absolutely crazy for days until someone told me it was in settings and I found it.

Adam Selfridge

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
So I didn't notice this until just now after I rebooted the phone. When I am using my finger to touch the screen, a "dot" appears where I touch. As if to let you know that that is where you touched. I have no idea how this turned on, and have no idea what it would be called to turn it off. Any ideas?
Same here and it sucks I have been looking for an hour

Grndlvl

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Same here and it sucks I have been looking for an hour

Developer options has been hidden with the 4.3 update. If you go into Settings>About Phone and then scroll down to where it says Build Number and tap that 7 times, Developer Options will be enabled. Then you can back out and you will see Developer Options. Go into that menu and uncheck "Show Touches"

Samantha Harris

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Same here on my htc m9. Disabled show touches and pointer location, even turned off dev options completely. Still this white circle when i touch everything on screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx in advance.

Cbhaberman

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
hello! i have this problem on a htc m9 i did the developer option unchecked the show touch option.. it still shows .. any idea?

I had the same issue and could not locate the "developer" screen. Turns out I had accidentally enabled "glove mode," disabling it fixed the issue and removed the dot.

Tufa B

Mar 17, 2019
Visit site
Developer options has been hidden with the 4.3 update. If you go into Settings>About Phone and then scroll down to where it says Build Number and tap that 7 times, Developer Options will be enabled. Then you can back out and you will see Developer Options. Go into that menu and uncheck "Show Touches"

Thank you so much! That thing was really annoying me. I've also discovered something I had no idea was even on my phone. Thanks again!