Wireless Tethering on the Verizon Note 2

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Can confirm FoxFi works right from the market, no need for root or anything.

Question though, I am still on unlimited data and don't have a tethering plan. Obviously to tether without a plan is against TOS, but I also read something recently about Verizon dropping their craziness about tethering and data plans.

Anyone know what the story is regarding this?

Chuck Salas

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone I have the Verizon note 2 and I'm rooted. I've tried everything on this thread and I was able to get connected but the Internet still won't work on the other device. I can't figure this out, I followed all the direction.s

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I updated to the newest version possible on wireless tether (3.3 pre 2 under about) used galaxy s3 as device checked wifi driver reload 1 and 2, setup method netd-ndc (master), checked send netd msz client, and checked routing fix. Tethering works perfectly on my Verizon Galaxy Note 2!!!!

This works!
While trying to figure this out over the last 30 minutes I installed Busybox from Google Play. Not sure if it was needed, but I know some root apps like it installed.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Can confirm FoxFi works right from the market, no need for root or anything.

Question though, I am still on unlimited data and don't have a tethering plan. Obviously to tether without a plan is against TOS, but I also read something recently about Verizon dropping their craziness about tethering and data plans.

Anyone know what the story is regarding this?

The craziness has been dropped only for tiered plans. I'm glad to hear that tethering works. I may be picking one of these up soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

randalldavis

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I set up foxfi on my phone when it was on the new line. I went to Verizon and changed the phone to my unlimited data plan and foxfi still works perfectly. Should I expect any difficulty from verizon? ( like a big bill) or is this ok?

Randall

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I set up foxfi on my phone when it was on the new line. I went to Verizon and changed the phone to my unlimited data plan and foxfi still works perfectly. Should I expect any difficulty from verizon? ( like a big bill) or is this ok?

Randall

My wife has been using it and the bill has been normal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Foxfi works great on my Verizon Note 2 for wireless tethering ! You just need to first download the free version to make sure it works on your device. If so, then go ahead and upgrade to the full version by paying a measly $6.97 so there is no time out. As another poster commented, you can very easily set/change the password for wifi access. Foxfi works even better than Easy Tether Pro because Foxfi doesn't require any USB cords for tethering, whereas Easy Tether Pro does. Seriously, I would have easily paid triple the price for Foxfi, it's worth it !

Casey

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Foxfi works great on my Verizon Note 2 for wireless tethering ! You just need to first download the free version to make sure it works on your device. If so, then go ahead and upgrade to the full version by paying a measly $6.97 so there is no time out. As another poster commented, you can very easily set/change the password for wifi access. Foxfi works even better than Easy Tether Pro because Foxfi doesn't require any USB cords for tethering, whereas Easy Tether Pro does. Seriously, I would have easily paid triple the price for Foxfi, it's worth it !

Casey

Don't say that to loud or we will have to pay triple. LOL

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Just an FYI here. I tried installing Foxfi to my friend's LG Esteem phone from MetroPCS, but the Foxfi app immediately gave an error message that the app is not compatible with that particular phone. Piece of cr@p LG Esteem! Unfortunately, this was one of the best Android phones available at that sub-par carrier known as MetroPCS. This is why you should first download the free version of Foxfi to make sure it works with your particular phone before paying for the upgraded version.

le140

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Fox fi works on my note2 on Verizon. After tested with the free version, bought the full version and installed add on. Tested it again to make sure all is good and indeed it worked.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for bringing 'Foxfi' to light, as I have used 'PdaNet' for over a year to tether Tbolt to laptop in the car, but you DO have to use USB cord, and I paid $15.99 for the full app! Can't wait to get the GN2 and will check out the foxfi! Wireless would be fantastic and I am on unlimited data.

Sent from my Thunderbolt. Hoping to be a Galaxy Note ll owner Soon!

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
when I try to use FoxFi, whenever I turn it on, it brings up the built-in "Mobile Hotspot" app configuration which I assume will cause charges from Verizon. Is this not right?

Leeh Hardy

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem I a have been using foxfi on my note then today Verizon mobile hotspot turns on and says I have to subscribe please help how do I turn Verizon off!?!

- - - Updated - - -

:'(

ciniob

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I use Portable Wifi on the Note 2. I have Jellywiz on the S3. I go back and forth between the two devices. I think you could portble on the s3.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem I a have been using foxfi on my note then today Verizon mobile hotspot turns on and says I have to subscribe please help how do I turn Verizon off!?!

- - - Updated - - -

:'(

Foxfi works great on my Note 2

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the mobile hotspot app that came with our Note 2s with no problems. But then again, I'm rooted so that's no problem either. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz