Quick Commands Not Working

SRVBluesman

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
This is my first post at AC. Longtime viewer but never posted.

I've had the Note a couple days now, but for the first time tried quick command. Low and behold, it's not working. I can write, but eventually it just closes before even recognizing the command. I've had no success with any of the stock commands.

I have tried clearing quick commands data as well as creating a command. Even when I try creating a command it will not let me select "Done."

All other S Pen functions work. Any help? Anything else I should try?

I also posted at XDA-just trying to get this figured out.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

SRVBluesman

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Yep. I've read the help. The screen comes up-after the swipe up while holding the button, I hit "#Steve" for example to make a call, and nothing, the command screen becomes unresponsive and then closes...I have no idea. I may try a factory reset if all else fails....

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
yeah no idea either, works fine on mine after a few minutes of trying to figure out how to actually do it. maybe clear the cache and data in the app manager first and see if that works.

SRVBluesman

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
For those that have a Verizon Galaxy Note 2 and have working quick commands, what version is your Quick Commands in Applications (All)? Mine says 1.0. Just seeing if my device was loaded with earlier software...

SRVBluesman

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Finally, I'm not alone in this. I was contemplating going to Verizon this evening. Every other S Pen app works-SNote, Pencil app (forget the name), etc. It's just the dang Quick Commands.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Finally, I'm not alone in this. I was contemplating going to Verizon this evening. Every other S Pen app works-SNote, Pencil app (forget the name), etc. It's just the dang Quick Commands.

Yeah same here that's why I don't think it's the device. I don't really care much for the feature but ill keep looking into it for you

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

SRVBluesman

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I'm no coder/developer, but wouldn't it be more widespread if a software issue? Thoughts? Or are our devices hardware a bit different? I understand from my flashing days that some devices can be overclocked more than others...similar issue?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm no coder/developer, but wouldn't it be more widespread if a software issue? Thoughts? Or are our devices hardware a bit different? I understand from my flashing days that some devices can be overclocked more than others...similar issue?

I doubt its anything like that, probably something silly like a setting we both missed

SRVBluesman

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I've poured over the settings, and its not an app-I checked that when I factory reset. It's just annoying...paid good money for a device that has faulty software (I still love the phone...haha).

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site

It could be more widespread but perhaps most people aren't actually using quick commands, I only tried it when I saw your post to see if I could replicate your issue, after making sure I knew what I was doing it worked fine other than it being a bit finicky about my sloppy writing.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I've poured over the settings, and its not an app-I checked that when I factory reset. It's just annoying...paid good money for a device that has faulty software (I still love the phone...haha).

ok so here is where reading manuals come in handy lol..... press the S Pen button then on the screen draw a line from bottom to the top, this will launch quick commands, then in that window you draw the command you want, for instance # , and wait a couple of seconds and this will open up your dialer

SRVBluesman

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
But that's the thing...I've been doing that. I pull up the command pad and then draw a command...then nothing. No dialer. Does it work for you now?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2