Note 2 micro sd card problems

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
so ur telling me that if im stupid when it comes to knowing the " correct terminology " so i can get help, dont bother asking?!?!?! sounds stupid if u ask me. and pool_shark? i know tons of ppl that say " what am i black? " as a JOKE and everyone ( including black ppl ) LAUGH AT IT. so unless u r living under a rock, u have NO RIGHT so say that to me.

So he has no right to say that? But...

" attacking "?!?!?! lmao. all i did was stand up for myself and my beliefs. if thats SOOOOO WRONG then ban me from the site. am i not allowed the freedom of opinion as stated in the human rights?!?! not at all by the looks of it here.

You can defend your beliefs and say whatever you want to do so? Guess what? You can't. Nobody can in the forums (they are NOT publicly owned) and we have RULES that need to be followed.

Ask for help. Get help. Can't help? Don't post. SImple enough. Nobody forces anybody to respond. Worse could happen in this thread. Let's please get back on topic and get some problems solved and questions answered.

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
so ur telling me that if im stupid when it comes to knowing the " correct terminology " so i can get help, dont bother asking?!?!?! sounds stupid if u ask me. and pool_shark? i know tons of ppl that say " what am i black? " as a JOKE and everyone ( including black ppl ) LAUGH AT IT. so unless u r living under a rock, u have NO RIGHT so say that to me.

I didnt say dont ask, I said learn the correct termenology before you ask.
So that you can achive better, more cogent responces, and so people are more likley to awnser.

But agreed back to sd cards.
So has anyone heard about the terebite micro sd? A freind of mine mentiond them and said they are insainly expensive. Ive never even heard of them?
Im wondering if "future proof phone note ii" makes samsung had these in mind.

Sent from my SGH-T889

demonvamp666

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
So he has no right to say that? But...

You can defend your beliefs and say whatever you want to do so? Guess what? You can't. Nobody can in the forums (they are NOT publicly owned) and we have RULES that need to be followed.

Ask for help. Get help. Can't help? Don't post. SImple enough. Nobody forces anybody to respond. Worse could happen in this thread. Let's please get back on topic and get some problems solved and questions answered.

i have human rights. i do not need them violated otherwise this will turn into a more serious matter.

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I highly doubt there is a TB sd card. If 64gb is the current highest capacity you can get, I don't think they would jump all the way up to 1TB. That's like 15 times as big. Maybe the government has one out, but not for consumer use. .. I'm not even sure if they make a TB ssd yet. It's the same technology basically

sent from Galaxy Note 2

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
i have human rights. i do not need them violated otherwise this will turn into a more serious matter.

I don't understand, does not getting your question answered violate your human rights? Or is it that your "right to expression" is being violated? In either case, you're simply incorrect. Androidcentral is a privately owned site and as such they can do whatever they want here in regards to censoring people, posts, etc. They are not a public entity, the public square, etc. You don't have the right to go into your local McDonalds and start telling people about your political ideas. Same holds here. Private entity means they control what happens in their "space." Not only can Android Central or their owners bar you from this thread or from the site entirely because you violated their stated guidelines, but they can bar you really for whatever reason they want, save maybe for being in a "protected class." In other words, they can ban you because they don't like the 666 in your profile name, or they don't like the striped shirt your wearing in your profile. I think you are confusing your right to express yourself in public, which the constitution enforces, and in private - which there is nothing in our laws that suggest this right.

Then again, I may be feeding a troll, but you never know.

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I think your commentary about human rights is probably misdirected, as is your associated apparent threat.

As regards your original question regarding the vagaries of the JB operating system and how it treats SD cards, sadly I cannot help you, but hope someone knowledgeable is able to respond on this thread. I'm not quite sure why the Android OS people thought they were implementing an improvement when they mucked up the way the OS deals with external SD cards.

demonvamp666

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand, does not getting your question answered violate your human rights? Or is it that your "right to expression" is being violated? In either case, you're simply incorrect. Androidcentral is a privately owned site and as such they can do whatever they want here in regards to censoring people, posts, etc. They are not a public entity, the public square, etc. You don't have the right to go into your local McDonalds and start telling people about your political ideas. Same holds here. Private entity means they control what happens in their "space." Not only can Android Central or their owners bar you from this thread or from the site entirely because you violated their stated guidelines, but they can bar you really for whatever reason they want, save maybe for being in a "protected class." In other words, they can ban you because they don't like the 666 in your profile name, or they don't like the striped shirt your wearing in your profile. I think you are confusing your right to express yourself in public, which the constitution enforces, and in private - which there is nothing in our laws that suggest this right.

Then again, I may be feeding a troll, but you never know.

thats also illegal. its called DISCRIMINATION and they can go to federal court. its like telling someone " im not gonna help u cuz ur an asian ". its illegal no matter what ur in. and actually ive seen alot of ppl go into mcdonalds and talk politics. they dont get hated on for it and neither should i for my beliefs and opinions. i was taught to stand up for what i believe in if i disagree with what is said. so that is what im doing. dont give ppl the right to discriminate or hate me for it.

demonvamp666

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I think your commentary about human rights is probably misdirected, as is your associated apparent threat.

As regards your original question regarding the vagaries of the JB operating system and how it treats SD cards, sadly I cannot help you, but hope someone knowledgeable is able to respond on this thread. I'm not quite sure why the Android OS people thought they were implementing an improvement when they mucked up the way the OS deals with external SD cards.

actually there is no forum on my type of cell phone so i still have yet to get the help i need. i post my own thread, comment on an apparent " wrong thread " and then get treated like for standing up for my beliefs and defending myself.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
what am i black?!?!?! i need help too pool_shark. ive had this problem happen too many times and im losing memory i could be using for pics and music instead.

it was a figure of speech. fyi. and u could have addressed us both in one post but had the audacity not to.

thats also illegal. its called DISCRIMINATION and they can go to federal court. its like telling someone " im not gonna help u cuz ur an asian ". its illegal no matter what ur in. and actually ive seen alot of ppl go into mcdonalds and talk politics. they dont get hated on for it and neither should i for my beliefs and opinions. i was taught to stand up for what i believe in if i disagree with what is said. so that is what im doing. dont give ppl the right to discriminate or hate me for it.

actually there is no forum on my type of cell phone so i still have yet to get the help i need. i post my own thread, comment on an apparent " wrong thread " and then get treated like for standing up for my beliefs and defending myself.

I went through the ENTIRE thread and quoted posts of yours that I have a problem with and could issue infractions/bans for. So let me take this opportunity to explain a few things.

Your first post is racist. Figure of speech or not, clearly people took offense to it. Read the forum rules on that one.

The second post is completely opposite to what you've been saying about free speech. Hypocritical is what it is.

Third post...you addressed multiple people in multiple posts instead of following your own advice.

Fourth post. Please explain "more serious matter"

Fifth post. Your first post is DISCRIMINATION. Please, take me to Federal Court for telling you to read the rules and follow them.

Sixth post. What kind of phone do you have?

Bottom line...you're trolling. Whether you agree or not that's what you're doing. You have completely derailed the thread and I'm being nice by letting you stick around. There are multiple things that you could be banned for. Racially offensive language, trolling, ignoring the warning of a moderator. Take your pick. This will be THE LAST WARNING. I will skip infraction and go straight to ban.

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I I also reported them for derailing the thread(off topic and such).

All I wanted was to figure out a non-root solution to this sd card issue

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
All I wanted was to figure out a non-root solution to this sd card issue

I do apologize for this Kale, you came here asking for some help and your thread was completely thrown off topic.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So I freaked out and darted to the My files where I discovered the thing has a build in external memory
Well to clarify this point.

there is no built in external memory. there is only internal sdcard and external sdcard.
Your internal storage is sdcard. sdcard and sdcard0 are the same thing, they are linked together if you delete seomthing from sdcard it will disappear from sdcard0
extsdcard is your external sdcard.
Google has done this by design for a couple reasons that frankly are above my head. I know one of the reasons is because they dont want external storage for whatever reason, this can be seen in their nexus devices. But whether they like them or not most apps from the market are set up to send their files to sdcard, so google had to keep the storage directory called sdcard.
Now Samsung gets Jelly bean and wants to add external sdcard option (hooray for that), but they can not call their sdcard simply sdcard because this directory has already been designed into the system to deeply and they cant just change it. So they call their sdcard extsdcard.
This renaming of directories is what is causing the "mess". Apps look for sdcard which intern fills your internal memory. The only way to fix this is to find settings on each individual app (if available) and direct it towards your external sdcard. for example your music players you need to go to settings and tell it what folders to look in . Or your camera you need to select external memory....etc

I dont know if this is an answer to your question , but maybe more of a reasoning to the seeming mess of storage.

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
That's a very thoroughly done explanation and thank you! It looks like most of my favorite apps don't have specific settings for this, which totally blows. Hopefully that gets updated soon!

Vondutch67

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
there is no built in external memory. there is only internal sdcard and external sdcard.
Your internal storage is sdcard. sdcard and sdcard0 are the same thing, they are linked together if you delete seomthing from sdcard it will disappear from sdcard0
extsdcard is your external sdcard. Google has done this by design for a couple reasons that frankly are above my head. I know one of the reasons is because they dont want external storage for whatever reason, this can be seen in their nexus devices. But whether they like them or not most apps from the market are set up to send their files to sdcard, so google had to keep the storage directory called sdcard. Now Samsung gets Jelly bean and wants to add external sdcard option (hooray for that), but they can not call their sdcard simply sdcard because this directory has already been designed into the system to deeply and they cant just change it. So they call their sdcard extsdcard. This renaming of directories is what is causing the "mess". Apps look for sdcard which intern fills your internal memory. The only way to fix this is to find settings on each individual app (if available) and direct it towards your external sdcard. for example your music players you need to go to settings and tell it what folders to look in . Or your camera you need to select external memory....etc

Thanks for this DroidXcon, this really helped me as well!

Muckrunner

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey Kale Did you figure out how to get your phone to download and read from just your removable sd card? I just got mine and am noticing that i cant take pics,download and such to that card automatically . I have to go in and move them after the fact .