Just venting...

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Went out last night and bought a new GN2 out of contract. Got to work this morning and was obviously proud of my new GN2. I wanted to show a co-worker(in our IT department no less) my new device since we talked about it yesterday. So I go to her office and show her the Note 2. She asked some questions about it and then asked to hold my brandy new, extra clean, shiny, crystal clear phone. Welp, she didnt drop it but when I got it back and took two steps down the hall i noticed there was CHOCOLATE finger prints on the back and sides of my WHITE GN2! :mad:

Was easy enough to wipe off with a damp rag but damn...at least let me have it for a full day before crap gets all over it! lol

Just had to vent. That is all. :D

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Went out last night and bought a new GN2 out of contract. Got to work this morning and was obviously proud of my new GN2. I wanted to show a co-worker(in our IT department no less) my new device since we talked about it yesterday. So I go to her office and show her the Note 2. She asked some questions about it and then asked to hold my brandy new, extra clean, shiny, crystal clear phone. Welp, she didnt drop it but when I got it back and took two steps down the hall i noticed there was CHOCOLATE finger prints on the back and sides of my WHITE GN2! :mad:

Was easy enough to wipe off with a damp rag but damn...at least let me have it for a full day before crap gets all over it! lol

The first day that I got mine I had like three people in my office come over and were like oh hey nice phone can we check it out. It was like my someone wanted my ice cream and I didn't want to give it out. At least give me a day with it! :D

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

you should leave choclate finger prints on her car lol

CLTnik

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My coworker wanted to hold it and I am like you can but if you drop it I will kill you lol. Everything went well but then later on that day I had my phone in my hand and he had his in his and he is like dang look at that screen size compared to mine and he wants to put his phone near mine and slams his case against my screen. I am like damn whatta hell. it was a plastic case too but luckily nothing happened, thank god.

aaronbuescher

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I feel so special with this phone. In class a ton of people ask to hold it and are embarrassed when they compare it to their iPhones. I don't think their has been this much interest in a phone since iPhone 4.... Anyway at least that fool didn't break yo phone!!

Sent from my White Galaxy Note II

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

Yuck, that's just wrong....i don't share my toys willingly....haha

brook196

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Same thing happened to me - got mine yesterday, co workers came out of the woodwork like cockroaches.....everyone wanting to hold it. I told them to back off and get their own. Lots of iPhone peeps here so I don't blame them ;)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

That's what you get for being a show-off. ;)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

the devastator

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
One of my co workers asked to hold mine the first day I bought it and it ALMOST slipped out of her hands, I was like " DAMN YOUR SMALL ASIAN HANDS"

It's almost slipped out of my hands a couple of times too, i'm going to get some invisishield to increase the grip a little more

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
One of my co workers asked to hold mine the first day I bought it and it ALMOST slipped out of her hands, I was like " DAMN YOUR SMALL ASIAN HANDS"

It's almost slipped out of my hands a couple of times too, i'm going to get some invisishield to increase the grip a little more

Just get a Seidio ACTIVE case. It has nice rubber grips along with a hard plastic backing so you'll never drop it again. And this way you'll have proper protection! :)

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm very OCD about my "My Precious"! Even my girl is not allowed. Besides the risk of a drop, I don't want anyone's greasy finger prints on it! I even make sure my own hands are clean to prevent finger prints! :-[ So needless to say I was highly annoyed last week when a co-worker put his fingers on the top of my phone (without asking) while I was holding it because he wanted to compare how thin it was compared to his iPhone. Left some nasty grease on both the top and back edge of the phone. Gross! Dude, what are you sucking on those puppies over there? Geez :mad:

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm very OCD about my "My Precious"! Even my girl is not allowed. Besides the risk of a drop, I don't want anyone's greasy finger prints on it! I even make sure my own hands are clean to prevent finger prints! :-[ So needless to say I was highly annoyed last week when a co-worker put his fingers on the top of my phone (without asking) while I was holding it because he wanted to compare how thin it was compared to his iPhone. Left some nasty grease on both the top and back edge of the phone. Gross! Dude, what are you sucking on those puppies over there? Geez :mad:

I feel ya man, and internally act the same way lol I just don't quite reveal how anal I am about my device openly because I don't want to come off as some kind of OCD freak hahaha but inside I'm like dying :p

Anyway my best tip for you, get a microfiber cloth. The best one I've found yet I got in a cleaning kit from Best Buy, it had the can of compressed air and some LCD screen cleaner. I never used the screen cleaner, but man that microfiber cloth is amazing. It's a grey one with red trim. Best cloth for cleaning devices hands down. I took my brother's Note 2 which is currently naked with no screen protector, showed him in the reflection of the light how smudged his screen was, and gave 1/2 the screen a good wipe down using the cloth to show him the difference. Huge. Get one, get one now ! :D

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I can always count on you guys for a couple good laughs! I'd be pissed too!!!!!! So far I've managed to keep My Precious near to me, although it's been tempting to show it off! I do have a screen protector and hard shell case on just in case though! I only showed one person at work my Note 2, which is my IT guy. Fortunately, being a guy, he had a better grip! :) Now the IT guy is considering getting one!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
So to all of you that are overly cautious about dropping hazards.. You all carry insurance right? I know it would suck to drop your phone(or to have someone else do it) but to not plan against it seems a bit foolish.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49