Early upgrade

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So let me see if I understand some of you. You want a new phone. So you call Verizon and they tell you no you can't because it's too early. So you call again trying to get the answer you want. And when you don't get the answer you want you threaten to cancel your contract? And when they basically tell you, CYA! You get upset. Ya know, my daughter gave me a ultimatum one time when she was 10. Yea, she lost. I just don't understand some of you. I can't upgrade till Feb and thats the way it's gotta be. Oh well. If you don't like the phone you have, maybe you should have researched it a little better the first time around.

Impatient bunch lol. I never understand why people feel entitled to be able to upgrade early. They knew when they signed the contract. And if they let you upgrade early then great but if not, deal with it and wait until it's your time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Whatever anyone does, do not call them and try to cancel out your account by the end of the month thinking your upgrade status will change or you'll get an email to upgrade early. This didn't work for me. After waiting a few days to see if it would change, I called and they offered to open another line on the account of course, or offered to let me upgrade early to get another phone, but definitely not the note 2. These are mostly rip off tactics. You can get Best Buy to match Amazon for $199 for a brand new account or line from Verizon, or now $149 from Sprint, but yet they won't work with you from CSR to upgrade early for the note 2.

duenan

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
So let me see if I understand some of you. You want a new phone. So you call Verizon and they tell you no you can't because it's too early. So you call again trying to get the answer you want. And when you don't get the answer you want you threaten to cancel your contract? And when they basically tell you, CYA! You get upset. Ya know, my daughter gave me a ultimatum one time when she was 10. Yea, she lost. I just don't understand some of you. I can't upgrade till Feb and thats the way it's gotta be. Oh well. If you don't like the phone you have, maybe you should have researched it a little better the first time around.

I didn't threaten to go to another carrier but like another poster mentioned, what does it matter if its a few days early, the money is the same, they get paid either way. Another thing is customer loyalty, I've been with them for 6 yrs, you'd think that if my business was SO important to them like they say, then a few days early wouldn't be a big deal, but somehow it is. It's the Gestapo attitude of that they can control their customers purchases regardless of any money changing hands. Telecom companies think they are 'too big for their britches' and this sort of conduct is a perfect example of it.

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I went to a authorized agent and they said they could a week early. Called 611 and they said they would do it a month early. I figured the corporate store would do the same. NOT. Corporate store said only on the day of. Called 611 and ordered. Got it next day.

Now thinking about returning and going back to my S3.....

bhatley6

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I went to Best Buy on the 13th to try and upgrade. (My upgrade date was the 17th, but my Seidio Active case and Oleophobic screen protectors came in the mail on the 13th and I didn't want to wait) They told me that there was nothing they could do. I went right next door to the Verizon corporate store and they said a manager would have to approve it, though it wouldn't be likely, plus they didn't have any Note 2's in stock in white. On my way home, I stopped by a "Verizon Authorized Retailer Cellular Sales" store just for kicks and they asked me if my upgrade date was within 7 days, when I said yes, they said no problem, and they had it in stock too. Needless to say, I have been enjoying my Note 2 for almost a week now and love it.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I called the loyalty department to complain about another issue and at the end she offered an upgrade to whatever I wanted. I asked about the N2 and she was ready to place my order. I did not do it though. My upgrade date is 1/19 and this was 10 days ago.

I ended up going to Best Buy and paying retail. Now I can try it out with no restocking, etc. If I like it I can return it and buy at the subsidized price after the 19th or keep it and no contract.

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I called the loyalty department to complain about another issue and at the end she offered an upgrade to whatever I wanted. I asked about the N2 and she was ready to place my order. I did not do it though. My upgrade date is 1/19 and this was 10 days ago.

I ended up going to Best Buy and paying retail. Now I can try it out with no restocking, etc. If I like it I can return it and buy at the subsidized price after the 19th or keep it and no contract.

How much was retail at BB?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance