12-17-2012 07:18 PM
71 123
    Yes it is true I bought the Note II from Best Buy yesterday for my wife's birthday present.
    She calls me this afternoon and tells me that she dropped it from waist height on to the tile
    floor and the screen shattered. I did opt for the Best Buy replacement plan but reading some
    of the reviews about the plan is starting to worry me a bit. We are taking it in tomorrow to
    see if they hold true on their promise to replace the phone on the spot with a new Note II.

I will post pictures of the damage for everyone to cringe tomorrow and report back on the
    Best Buy warranty experience.
    Why didn't you get her a case?

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile
    12-11-2012 03:31 PM
    Man. Sorry to hear about your hassle. When I got mine I had not yet received my wallet/flip case. I just one I would drop it.

So I went to my local Vzw store to buy a skin case. They had no accessories. Nada.... Then I went to an Att store. Too expensive. Finally I hit up a Sprint store and picked up a nice little dual layer plastic over rubber case that is great for around the house. At least Sprint does something right lol.

And since folks are sharing... I carry a Judge public Defender 45LC/.410 loaded with a combination of slugs and PDX rounds. As long as I am within 20 feet of whatever is threatening me, it will have a rather horrifying hole put in it.
    12-11-2012 04:00 PM
    Kel-Tec P3AT

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    12-11-2012 04:33 PM
    Thanks S&W M&P 9c daily carry
    I have the full sized .40 model and my backup is an LC9.

M&p is the best gun ever.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile
    12-11-2012 05:25 PM
    The Verizon standard case doesn't stay closed - waste of $32?
    12-12-2012 09:54 AM
    Why didn't you get her a case?

I didn't have time she only had it 24hrs and shipping takes 5 days

Waiting on the Sedio case to arrive looks like good protection and has a nice kick stand
    12-12-2012 02:26 PM
    I carry mine nekked just because I HATE cases. Did go for the VZW insurance when I bought my N2 so hopefully if I do have an ooops, then I'm covered.

Glock 21SF at home. If you're going to shoot someone, use the biggest round possible. Carry rig is a Kahr P380. It's almost a mouse gun but the only gun that does you any good is the gun you have readily accessible and there's absolutely no excuse for not having that pistol with you always regardless of what you're wearing. As for penetration, I'm primarily worried about how far the round will penetrate the bad guy. If I'm doing my job correctly then that's all that matters. $0.02
    12-15-2012 10:13 AM
    Ok, in a zombie apocalypse, what would your preferred round be?

Mine.......22 long. You can carry massive amounts of ammo.

12-15-2012 11:14 AM
    Thanks S&W M&P 9c daily carry
    I, too, have the same gun. Love it! I'm also drooling over my husband's N2. He is very carefully guarding it!!!
    12-15-2012 12:58 PM
    Your drooling on your husbands what? :-)

Sent from Heaven using Tapatalk 2
    12-15-2012 01:03 PM
    I just called Verizon and Best Buy here in Hickory, NC and asked about their warranty.
    Verizon- $7/month. If you lose it, bash it, smash it, run over it with a tank or your ex-girlfriend steals it you can file a claim online or on the phone, pay a $100 deductible and have a replacement phone shipped to you overnight (on a weekday). You don't need to return it or go to a Verizon store. Over a two year period with the deductible that comes to $268. For $10/month you get the same plan plus antivirus and some kind of technical support. Don't need that with Android Central online.
    That works out to $168 for 2 years.
    12-15-2012 01:29 PM
    Your drooling on your husbands what? :-)

Sent from Heaven using Tapatalk 2

My husband has the Note 2. I would love it - drooling over that. He has two Rugers - one full size and one compact. Love my M&P 9c - well balanced and feels great in my hand. Don't really care for his Rugers. I have been outshooting him lately. No brag, just fact.
    12-15-2012 01:37 PM
    That works out to $168 for 2 years.
    He was counting the 100 deductible in as well.

12-15-2012 05:20 PM
    I probably would have dropped to my knees and cried...... maybe, maybe not
    12-15-2012 05:40 PM
    I got myself a otter box
    12-15-2012 08:14 PM
    After a lot of calling stopping by and complaning I niw have a brand new Non refurbished Note II

Markster1 likes this.
    12-15-2012 11:08 PM
    #1 if you bought it with a credit card call them - frequently you have protection on purchases and they will reimburse the full price.

#2 get a protective case - this is a big phone.

#3 get a screen protector - it's alot of glass. (Just Like Glass is the best)
    12-16-2012 11:29 PM
    I still bought the warranty from best buy. Just checked and best buy warranty covers all damages including water and breakage. Only thing it doesn't include is coverage for loss or theft. It cost me $180 for 2 years with no deductible and unlimited claims and a loaner phone if needed. That comes to about $7.50 a month. Cheaper than addition asurion protection and no deductible. Plus asurion only allows 2 claims per 12 months and their deductible keeps going up. I think Verizon is 100 and sprint is 150. Only thing good about Verizon and sprint warranty is the loss or theft protection.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    12-16-2012 11:41 PM
    I have been using mine naked since the week it was released, no screen protector, no case or cover and have not dropped it once. I hope I will never see my phone like that and hope ur replacement phone works out just fine. Good luck.
    12-17-2012 12:50 AM
    Best buy covers EVERYTHING except lost or stolen. You can take the phone in in pieces. As long as you have every piece, they will replace it. Just bought mine there 2 days ago and that is what they told me

sent from Galaxy Note 2
    12-17-2012 08:45 AM
    My biggest problem with the entire ordeal was that they kept giving me dates and times of arrival, I would drive down there and they would tell me that no body knows exactly when the phone was supposed to arrive prior to it getting there. During the sales pitch to sell us the warranty they said and I quote "anything besides lost or stolen bring it in and get a new phone if we can't fix it in store." Now to me that sounds legit till 2 days later when I bring it in and they say we will get a "like new" phone after they send it to Texas. I do not like to be lied to and I do not like waiting for a tech support guy to fix it and return it i personally would rather pay $100 and have them ship me the refurbished phone over night.

One good note though was that best buy has the junk out program and if they can not fix the phone in time they will allow you to come to the store and pick up a brand new one. This is what happened to me and I was happy for that.
    12-17-2012 07:18 PM
71 123