24hours later the screen is shattered

Verapakill

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes it is true I bought the Note II from Best Buy yesterday for my wife's birthday present.
She calls me this afternoon and tells me that she dropped it from waist height on to the tile
floor and the screen shattered. I did opt for the Best Buy replacement plan but reading some
of the reviews about the plan is starting to worry me a bit. We are taking it in tomorrow to
see if they hold true on their promise to replace the phone on the spot with a new Note II.

I will post pictures of the damage for everyone to cringe tomorrow and report back on the
Best Buy warranty experience.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I thought I was bad busting mine on Day 4! :eek:

Well if you have the AD&D coverage(whatever it's called....pretty sure it isn't Accidental Death & Dismemberment...but you get the idea :D), it shouldn't be an issue. I can drive over my phone with a bulldozer, put it in a blender, pour acid on it, then light it on fire.....and get a new one. (I can actually even lose it and still get a replacement). Problem when I busted mine, I didn't have the insurance on it, and had to get it fixed out of my own pocket before I got the insurance.~$300 later, I got a case, and the insurance.

jian9007

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Hope you have good luck. And like Markster1 said, put that new one in a case ASAP! Preferably a ballistic one with screen protector. Wrap it like a newborn baby. :)

my3chis

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Bummer! I got mine from Best Buy and bought the Black Tie Protection also. Would be interesting on hearing how you were treated.

Sent from my Awesome Note 2 using Android Central Forums

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Wow.
I watched the video of the guy doing the drop test. He dropped it from his pants pocket height, then his shirt pocket height, then ear height.
In each instance the only thing that happened was the batter cover coming off and the battery falling out.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Wow.
I watched the video of the guy doing the drop test. He dropped it from his pants pocket height, then his shirt pocket height, then ear height.
In each instance the only thing that happened was the batter cover coming off and the battery falling out.

Not to mention massive chipping away at all the edged areas. By the way you are the first person I've seen in a long time who I quoted that didn't have that stupid "sent from my blahhh blah blah" line lol I hate that crap. I always erase it from my quotes.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Not to mention massive chipping away at all the edged areas. By the way you are the first person I've seen in a long time who I quoted that didn't have that stupid "sent from my blahhh blah blah" line lol I hate that crap. I always erase it from my quotes.

Lol, I hadn't noticed that.

MiXoLoGiSt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I don't understand why it would bother you that much. If people want it on let them have it on.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Wow.

Ya it can be strong. But if it hits the sweet spit. Even a fall from a couple feet will break the screen.

I dropped mine from just over waist high. On the street. No Case no damage

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is true I bought the Note II from Best Buy yesterday for my wife's birthday present.
She calls me this afternoon and tells me that she dropped it from waist height on to the tile
floor and the screen shattered. I did opt for the Best Buy replacement plan but reading some
of the reviews about the plan is starting to worry me a bit. We are taking it in tomorrow to
see if they hold true on their promise to replace the phone on the spot with a new Note II.

I will post pictures of the damage for everyone to cringe tomorrow and report back on the
Best Buy warranty experience.

tsk tsk, if only the democrats were able to pass their single payer insurance plan
your phone could get the screen transplant it desperately needs to survive

(sorry couldn't help myself given your user pic) :)

Verapakill

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
4u2u6u7u.jpg

uryragaz.jpg

awiz

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. It's a good reminder to me to get insurance. That's part of why I want to buy through Costco: 2 years for $100.That would be $240 through Verizon, plus I know Costco is good about returns and replacements. Do let us know how it goes with the Best Buy replacement.

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a few friends that have used best buys protection plans/....most of the time they replaced the device no questions asked. How much is the coverage?

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with using Best Buy's protection plans. My cats were fighting and one jump up on my office desk and knocked the 32" tv that I use for a second monitor on the floor and shattered it. Took it in, told them what happened and walked out with a new TV.

Verapakill

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Just returned from Best Buy the customer service was good but they definitely do not hand you a new phone.
Instead they offer you a loaner phone (pos bottom of the line droid) for a $50 deposit. We still have a Droid X so didn't need the loaner.
The mobile rep said that it should only be a few days before we get a fixed phone, not a new one like stated before. Although he did state that the product was back ordered and could take up to 2 weeks, never the less I was not surprised at the warranty just was hoping for a better out come.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance