24hours later the screen is shattered

kxs783kms

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I bought the Black Tie protection, but the lady told me at the time that if I did have to get a replacement, it will be a CLN and not a new one.

Verapakill

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Just stopped by Best Buy and they said that it shows that the phone will be ready for pick up tomorrow at noon.
The one problem that I am still having is that the phone is still with in the 30 day exchange but they are telling
me that I can not exchange it for the s3 now because the serial numbers are not the same as the one I bought.

My wife said she dropped it because it was too big and "slippery?" lol well now our plan is to trade phones, she
will take my Thunderbolt until such time as we can upgrade that to the S3 then I will have the refurbished Note II,
not the best of luck for me but oh well Happy wife Happy life

Verapakill

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick update DO NOT BUY WARRANTY FROM BEST BUY

That being said they have been giving us different days that the phone would come in every time we go there on that day they say sorry but we don't have it yet but it will be here tomorrow. Well yesterday we went to talk to a manager and all she did was tell us that she would have a talk with her sales staff about giving out wrong dates and then gave us a $20 gift card... Yeah that's going to help being with out a phone.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Not to mention massive chipping away at all the edged areas. By the way you are the first person I've seen in a long time who I quoted that didn't have that stupid "sent from my blahhh blah blah" line lol I hate that crap. I always erase it from my quotes.

+1. Kind of reminds me of those guys who quote "If my post helped you, please click thanks! ->
LOL!

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
At least the hit thanks sig on my normal signature is original

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Original for sure. But the better way to get the thanks would be to send me a beer every day and I will give you a thanks each day.
Huh. I may have come up with a sig. for me.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
+1. Kind of reminds me of those guys who quote "If my post helped you, please click thanks! ->
LOL!

Hey hey hey now at least when you quote me you don't get my signature in your post lol Also if I took my time out of the day to help you with your problem, I appreciate a click. It means something to me and people sometimes don't think to do it if they don't see the message.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes it is true I bought the Note II from Best Buy yesterday for my wife's birthday present.
She calls me this afternoon and tells me that she dropped it from waist height on to the tile
floor and the screen shattered. I did opt for the Best Buy replacement plan but reading some
of the reviews about the plan is starting to worry me a bit. We are taking it in tomorrow to
see if they hold true on their promise to replace the phone on the spot with a new Note II.

I will post pictures of the damage for everyone to cringe tomorrow and report back on the
Best Buy warranty experience.

Why didn't you get her a case?

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

TheDroidLurker

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Man. Sorry to hear about your hassle. When I got mine I had not yet received my wallet/flip case. I just one I would drop it.

So I went to my local Vzw store to buy a skin case. They had no accessories. Nada.... Then I went to an Att store. Too expensive. Finally I hit up a Sprint store and picked up a nice little dual layer plastic over rubber case that is great for around the house. At least Sprint does something right lol.

And since folks are sharing... I carry a Judge public Defender 45LC/.410 loaded with a combination of slugs and PDX rounds. As long as I am within 20 feet of whatever is threatening me, it will have a rather horrifying hole put in it.

Verapakill

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Why didn't you get her a case?

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

I didn't have time she only had it 24hrs and shipping takes 5 days

Waiting on the Sedio case to arrive looks like good protection and has a nice kick stand

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I carry mine nekked just because I HATE cases. Did go for the VZW insurance when I bought my N2 so hopefully if I do have an ooops, then I'm covered.

Glock 21SF at home. If you're going to shoot someone, use the biggest round possible. Carry rig is a Kahr P380. It's almost a mouse gun but the only gun that does you any good is the gun you have readily accessible and there's absolutely no excuse for not having that pistol with you always regardless of what you're wearing. As for penetration, I'm primarily worried about how far the round will penetrate the bad guy. If I'm doing my job correctly then that's all that matters. $0.02

Markster1

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok, in a zombie apocalypse, what would your preferred round be?

Mine.......22 long. You can carry massive amounts of ammo. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2