People commenting about the size of the phone...

KSChris

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else encountering a lot of interested/skeptical comments about the phone when you're out?

I buy coffee every morning and pay with the Starbucks app, and every day so far without fail, I've gotten comments. Not sure if they're good or bad.. If they're intrigued or think it's ridiculous. But they're mostly of the "that's a huge phone!" variety. Some have asked if it's an iPad Mini, haha..

Meanwhile, I can't even pick up my old Thunderbolt without thinking it's tiny as hell anymore.

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I encounter lots of people holding it to their ear and laughing.
At which point I say "I've been using a BT headset since my first smartphone (the Treo 700P), anyone who wants to hold a slick, hot, odd to hold phone to the side of their head is a moron".

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
My wife makes fun of it and I'm surprised that I'm not bothered by the size as much as I thought I would be. But it may just be chat I need because I use my devices to browse and be on apps and I barely talk on the phone. I think you just have to think of it not really being just a phone anymore. But something different. And I was on this for a few hours and picked up my SG3 and it's seemed small and cramped.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else encountering a lot of interested/skeptical comments about the phone when you're out?

I buy coffee every morning and pay with the Starbucks app, and every day so far without fail, I've gotten comments. Not sure if they're good or bad.. If they're intrigued or think it's ridiculous. But they're mostly of the "that's a huge phone!" variety. Some have asked if it's an iPad Mini, haha..

Meanwhile, I can't even pick up my old Thunderbolt without thinking it's tiny as hell anymore.

Ain't that the truth OP. Looking at my Thunderbolt sitting next to my Note 2 right now. It's funny how a device that used to be a massive lump in your pocket (c wut i did thar) is now just a toy. Nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary. I guess until we get some crazy holo projector type displays cell phone screens are going in reverse to the tech shrinkage craze lol.

KSChris

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah seriously... How I look at the Thunderbolt now is basically how small I thought the old iPhones were. It's crazy.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Any time somebody makes a comment in regards to the size of it being huge I simply say..."That's what she said"

Obviously it only works when they don't specifically mention the phone.

adipabeta

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I encounter lots of people holding it to their ear and laughing.
At which point I say "I've been using a BT headset since my first smartphone (the Treo 700P), anyone who wants to hold a slick, hot, odd to hold phone to the side of their head is a moron".

Bt headset..... :-D same here.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I get comments every day but once they play with it, they start praising it and saying it is a perfect size. I just got a bluetooth headset so I don't have to take it out for my music and phone calls. :)

infmethod

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
It's quite scary how fast the size went from wow, this is huge to, this feels perfectly natural and wish I would've had a 5.5" display 3 years ago. I hold it up to my head and I don't care what anyone could possibly say. I dominate!

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
My girlfriend said "that things huge!" and I replied......"you should see my phone!" Thank you ...tip your waitstaff, Ill be here all weekend.......Its really the same size as the Garmin GPS in my truck. Wow....I also got the ipad mini comment.
Sales rep at Tmo( I bought the body glove case there for my vzw note2) laughed saying that it was a" fad phone, and that it is going away as fast as it came in." Held up his s3, and said "this is a practical phone" I commended him for his exceptional sales ability to push the current products offered in his store. Wow.....

Nibs

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Most people I've used my phone infront of think it's ridiculous and overkill. I'm just like enjoy your iphone, buddy. :D

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had many people notice yet. In fact, Sometimes I even TRY to make them notice!! Putting it down on a table in plain site, holding it up when they take their phones out, etc.

I even did the cool S-pen notepad, when I asked someone for his email at a network meeting, I was writing it down as he told me. Thought he'd be impressed/surprised, but nothing! I guess some people aren't tech geeks like us!!

Last edited:

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I can feel the stares on my train commute when I pull it out. Several people stare over my shoulder to see the 5.5 inch goodness. Games and movies really pop on this thing. I was given big hands to hold this beast!!

CeeDotSmith

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Surprisingly, anyone in public that takes notice of my Note actually asks "Is that the new Note II?!". Even more surprising... they were all iPhone ppl :what: This phone is definitely gaining momentum with a lot of the iPhone crowd. They're late to the party, but they're still invited :cool:

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Neal0790

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I've had to comment so far asking about it. Personally Icould care less if people think it's to big. I I just tell them it's the best phone I have ever owned.

KSChris

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend said "that things huge!" and I replied......"you should see my phone!" Thank you ...tip your waitstaff, Ill be here all weekend.......Its really the same size as the Garmin GPS in my truck. Wow....I also got the ipad mini comment.
Sales rep at Tmo( I bought the body glove case there for my vzw note2) laughed saying that it was a" fad phone, and that it is going away as fast as it came in." Held up his s3, and said "this is a practical phone" I commended him for his exceptional sales ability to push the current products offered in his store. Wow.....

People said 4 - 4.3" phones were never going to be a hit as well at first. Now anything under that is basically unacceptable.

Oddly enough the S3 really isn't that much smaller overall. It's like.. A cm on each end of the device. That's nothing.

People need to hold a Note 2 in their hands to be convinced I guess... It absolutely is the best phone I've ever owned.

Note 2 > S3 > iPhone 4S > DNA > Thunderbolt > Droid 1 > BlackBerry Pearl > the dark ages pre-smartphones

John Campbell

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Every time someone says it's too big I hand it to them and say put it in your pocket. Then one of two things happen: they say, "Wow it doesn't feel that big.", or it doesn't fit. When it doesn't fit I ask them to put their own phone in the same pocket, lo and behold that phone doesn't fit either. Then I ask to see their phone which I use to barely cover my screen.

After they've opened up to it one picture from paper artist leaves them wishing. More meat for the meat eaters.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any negative comments on mine yet. And I could care less if anyone does give a negative comment. But I do have an issue with someone calling me or anyone else a moron for putting it up to my ear instead of a bluetooth. I do use a bluetooth but I don't leave it dangling from my ear 24/7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos