Email not working at all (Verizon)

DvineMzM

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have tried setting up my email accounts on my GN2 but it's not working. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but once I've added the account it never pulls up my email and I can't send anything out either (I get an error message each time). What am I missing?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I have tried setting up my email accounts on my GN2 but it's not working. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but once I've added the account it never pulls up my email and I can't send anything out either (I get an error message each time). What am I missing?

Make sure "sync email" is checked under your account in settings.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

What is the error message

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
When I go to the email account settings this option is grey (can't select it). Is there some other place I need to turn this on?

I'd remove the account and try setting it up again. I had this problem too but I think I made a mistake on one of the server settings(server address or password) and rather than trying to hunt down a bad character I just redid the account and then it let me check the sync email box. Make sure you let it do the checks to validate your mail settings.

DvineMzM

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'd remove the account and try setting it up again. I had this problem too but I think I made a mistake on one of the server settings(server address or password) and rather than trying to hunt down a bad character I just redid the account and then it let me check the sync email box. Make sure you let it do the checks to validate your mail settings.

Thanks. I've removed the account and went through the process to add it again... still no luck. I may have to take a 'field trip' to the Vz store for some insight. Maybe it's the phone...

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
What type of email account is it? I have been having some issues with a activesync exchange account. If left on push, it syncs continuously. Kills the battery, like a gnex on regular. Anyways, I entered in wrong settings like you and had the gray bar as well. I had to get new domain account settings from our IT guy, and it went in fine.

DvineMzM

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
What type of email account is it? I have been having some issues with a activesync exchange account. If left on push, it syncs continuously. Kills the battery, like a gnex on regular. Anyways, I entered in wrong settings like you and had the gray bar as well. I had to get new domain account settings from our IT guy, and it went in fine.

I'm attempting to setup AOL, Hotmail and my work acct but nothing (except Gmail) seems to be working. I've double checked my info several times but everything appears to be correct. I'm stumped.

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I am also having this problem with my yahoo account it says login fail and it I am using a rezound so I wonder if this is a verizon issue

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about AOL or Hotmail. Guessing......pop/I map settings. I would contact the provider of the accounts for detailed info. As far as work email, do you have an IT person to ask?

DvineMzM

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I actually got everything working thanks to a store rep. He set up everything using the manual setup and all went through just fine. Thanks for all the suggestions and tips. :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000