Car charger and OEM charger

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Any recommendations on a good car and wall charger? Ones on Ebay look really cheap. Battery life is excellent, but I just like to have an extra for work.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, I have an at&t note 2 and tried using a older (1 year) Samsung charger that I already had set up for my previous phone. I had issues with the phone not charging fully at night, so I started using the charger that came with the note 2 and all is well again.

I am guessing the note 2 charger may be a 2 amp charger instead of the 1.0 or 1.3 amp variety due to the size of the battery. I haven't looked to be sure yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, I have an at&t note 2 and tried using a older (1 year) Samsung charger that I already had set up for my previous phone. I had issues with the phone not charging fully at night, so I started using the charger that came with the note 2 and all is well again.

I am guessing the note 2 charger may be a 2 amp charger instead of the 1.0 or 1.3 amp variety due to the size of the battery. I haven't looked to be sure yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Yup it's 2 amps. I'm buying the Samsung one. Wish they offered the car charger. I'm gonna call them to see.

OffSpot2

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, this is interesting. I had not thought about chargers before thinking a charger is a charger is a charger. Now I am wondering if the car charger for my (little) DroidX will not not be best for the Note2...

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
never thought of this. been using the charger that game with my phone i think i will need anything 2A charger for my office...

Nightscape

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I've gone a different route and actually bought 2 spare Anker batteries that come with a stand alone wall charger from amazon. The charger is a trickle charger but with two extra on hand it's not really an issue. I just replace the drained one with a ready to go one. It can be a good way to get longer life out of your batteries as well. I basically get a deep cycle recharge with every battery.

The only downside is having to take off the back cover every time but I still find the benefits to this method outweighs having to keep your phone plugged to a wall periodically.

The battery life on this phone is great to begin with so it all depends on the individual's phone usage. But I am a very heavy user and with this method I basically never have to worry about my phone dying when I need it.