Lack Of Moving Apps To SD Is Annoying

FSchmitthammer

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I can say that the lack of the ability to move APPS to the SD card on the Galaxy Note 2 is really annoying...

I have tried the apps.. Only a root hack that will trick the OS into using the SD as the default location for all installations. Not a valid way to do this as far as I am concerned.

The Galaxy Note 10.1 also has the same limitation.... Really stupid....

Ok.. enough ranting.. I still love the phone....

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am only saying this so that the casual user knows it, it is not the phones fault. Google is trying to stupidly kill off the sdcard. Yes I know the reasoning behind it but it is still dumb

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Sshaffer92

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow really??? Having the choose to add extra memory to your device is one of the best parts of being an android user. Wow Google alot of people are going to be disappointed when they take it away for good. Hopefully the next galaxy still will have the option for an external sd card

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Wow really??? Having the choose to add extra memory to your device is one of the best parts of being an android user. Wow Google alot of people are going to be disappointed when they take it away for good. Hopefully the next galaxy still will have the option for an external sd card

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

As long as Android remains an open platform, phones using Android will have expandable memory. The Nexus line hasn't had an SD card since the Nexus One, yet we still see phones with SD card support.

Expandable memory should only be for media, IMO. It's safer that way (no expandable memory would be even safer though).

You have options.

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah Google killed it pre-ics. They hated a few things about it and decided that we were better off without it. I agree, stupid move. When I get near a PC I will dig an article out about it for you

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I can say that the lack of the ability to move APPS to the SD card on the Galaxy Note 2 is really annoying...

I have tried the apps.. Only a root hack that will trick the OS into using the SD as the default location for all installations. Not a valid way to do this as far as I am concerned.

The Galaxy Note 10.1 also has the same limitation.... Really stupid....

Ok.. enough ranting.. I still love the phone....

Yup root it and be done with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers