Gallery freezing with Wifi On

Debby Jones

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I have had my Note II since December and I have just now started having my gallery freeze up everytime I try to open it. I tried this with WIFI on and off and I have also turned off Allshare Cast. Does anyone have any suggestions? My phone is made in Korea.

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have had my Note II since December and I have just now started having my gallery freeze up everytime I try to open it. I tried this with WIFI on and off and I have also turned off Allshare Cast. Does anyone have any suggestions? My phone is made in Korea.
Unsync your picasa account which is under your google account sync settings

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Debby Jones

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
OK when I click on Google all that is under there is Maps & Latitude, Search, Location, Google+, and Ads. Then when I click on Google+ I have notifications, messenger, Hangouts, Kepp contacts up to date, connect more easily, instant upload and about Google+

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
OK when I click on Google all that is under there is Maps & Latitude, Search, Location, Google+, and Ads. Then when I click on Google+ I have notifications, messenger, Hangouts, Kepp contacts up to date, connect more easily, instant upload and about Google+

Do this. .. Open gallery> menu button> settings> shut off google photo sync

Debby Jones

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
OK I opened the Gallery and then hit menu button and my only selections are slideshow, tag buddy, new album, view by and select album. I do not have a settings to choose from

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
OK I opened the Gallery and then hit menu button and my only selections are slideshow, tag buddy, new album, view by and select album. I do not have a settings to choose from

I'm running a custom rom so some stuff is different. . When you pull down notification Window is there at autosync toggle if you slide toggles to the left?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
no I only have bluetooth, GPS, sound, mobile data, screen rotation, airplane mode, power saving, driving mode, allshare cast and multi window

Lol ok well if you go through your widgets the should be power control toggle us that and shut off autosync

asmd6230

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have a bone stock Note 2.
Since a couple of days ago, the gallery has been acting really weird. It would lag, freeze, ask to close/wait and even crash. When i zoom into the image, it would jerk and jiter even if my hands are of the screen. The upper part of the phone around the area of the sd card reader and front part fo the screen would become really warm to touch.

This is all of a sudden, mind you. Ive never experienced any lag in the gallery. I use it all the time over wiwfi to send images to my dlna connected devices without a hitch.

I thought my sd card was going back. i replaced the 16gb kinstaon card with a 32gb sandisk, and it hasn't made any difference at all. SAme problem.

The problem is alleviated if i switch wifi off. But ive never had to do that before. I have always hd wifi on and connected all the time with no problem until a few days ago.

I have all sync's off including cloud sync. There should be nothing syncing in the background.

Its not the sd card, it cant be the sd port as it works fine with wifi off... so im at a lost as i have no more ideas on what to trouble shoot.

Im thinking it may have been an update that i did not notice maybe? All share cast is not samsung link... dont know if that would do it...

I do hop ei get some insight to what is going in with my note 2.

Anybody else having similar problems or a solution?

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Edit: tried new card,.. same thing.
tried hard reset, and still same thing...

what else can it be?
hardware failure?

only with wifi on though.... :(

navinag

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok. I was able to previously select "content on device" only on 4.1.2 but can't on 4.3. Turning off Plex fixed the issue... But there is definitely a bug in the gallery app causing this.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood