Rooting galaxy note 2

keem5

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I want to root my GN2, but what are the benefits of doing that.... I know. This my sound. A stupid question but. I really do not know much about rooting.. :mad:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I want to root my GN2, but what are the benefits of doing that.... I know. This my sound. A stupid question but. I really do not know much about rooting.. :mad:

No so thing as a stupid question. Rooting itself just gives you permission to change root files that normally you would not be allowed to. benefits are things like being able to remove preinstalled apps that as of now you can not uninstall. you can change things like adding a wifi toggle on the notification screen, or you can make the change so that all the apps you have can be multi window accessible. you can use apps like titanium backup and backup all of your system. things like that

jsadler09

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
^ What he said. His guide to rooting makes it super easy, and the mod to add all apps to multi-window is very easy to install as well. Just read everything twice before doing it and if you are unsure about something, ask first.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
^ What he said. His guide to rooting makes it super easy, and the mod to add all apps to multi-window is very easy to install as well. Just read everything twice before doing it and if you are unsure about something, ask first.

What he said^. I did and asked a lot of questions. There are a lot of great people on here to help you. Do it you won't regret it.

CD1X

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
how bbboouuttttt Multiwindow for ALL APPS....and fully functioning GOOGLE WALLET!!!! yyeesss I am in heaven!! Root is the way to be!!!

pcsperson

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
how bbboouuttttt Multiwindow for ALL APPS....and fully functioning GOOGLE WALLET!!!! yyeesss I am in heaven!! Root is the way to be!!!

Getting the note 2, any issues with rooting fur Google wallet to work? The thread on xda seems to have so many steps I'm not sure which steps to follow our what abd installation guide to use.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Getting the note 2, any issues with rooting fur Google wallet to work? The thread on xda seems to have so many steps I'm not sure which steps to follow our what abd installation guide to use.

At this time it's very difficult for it to work. There are mixed results. Until Google and sprint approve it officially for the note 2 it's going to be hard to get it to work. I'm one of those who got a galaxy phone for wallet and am mad that it's not compatible yet.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

They just unlocked the bootloader so in a week or so it will be as simple as flashing a file in sure

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

CD1X

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

I followed the instructions to the tee and Google Wallet is working great for me!! like someone else said...now that the bootloader is unlocked there will be an easier method forthcoming...but the instructions on XDA work perfectly....

pcsperson

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I followed the instructions to the tee and Google Wallet is working great for me!! like someone else said...now that the bootloader is unlocked there will be an easier method forthcoming...but the instructions on XDA work perfectly....

Did you following the first post? , I know there are a couple of revisions to the instructions done by other in the xda forums. Also to root but must use the Odin method, correct? For VZM Note 2

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Did you following the first post? , I know there are a couple of revisions to the instructions done by other in the xda forums. Also to root but must use the Odin method, correct? For VZM Note 2

What are you asking about google wallet or rooting?

pcsperson

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
What are you asking about google wallet or rooting?

Google wallet, on xda there are a few different ways, and I was looking for the way for the Verizon GN2. Since many people are talking in the same thread, about the note 2 on different carriers. I just want to know if he had followed the first set of instructions, in that post.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
How do I root my gn2 without a computer so that I can get in to wifi sinnals and get free wifi???

If you have not accepted the latest update from Verizon you can use the app available in the first post of this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2050297
[ROOT EXPLOIT+PATCH][2012.12.19] ExynosAbuse APK v1.40 just download it. Install it . Open it. Hit root.

If you have already updated your phone then no there is no way to root from your phone

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

Many apps have more features or are more capable if you are rooted. Being able to use Titanium to back up your app data is another major reason.

Actually I know you can back up your app data pretty easily to a Windows 7 PC simply by connecting your phone to the PC via the phone supplied USB cable. You can explore the phone and copy files from it to your PC. However with something like Titanium you can automatically back up your apps and app data with one click to your phone's internal memory or your SD card. Plus it tracks versions and make restoration easier.

Last edited:

carlos ferreira

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

new to this Android game :) got a SIM Free Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and have started reading about rooting it... just out of curiousity.. i setup the phone encryption and SD card encryption too. would this affect rooting the phone? also does the phone get wiped out when rooting it? and where are these rooted apps available from, play store?

sorry for the question bomb

thanks in advance.
C.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

new to this Android game :) got a SIM Free Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and have started reading about rooting it... just out of curiousity.. i setup the phone encryption and SD card encryption too. would this affect rooting the phone? also does the phone get wiped out when rooting it? and where are these rooted apps available from, play store?

sorry for the question bomb

thanks in advance.
C.

Is it a Verizon Galaxy note 2 or another carrier? That makes a difference.

jhinson52

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I hate to jump in and highjack this thread...but I have a Mac and can't find a way to root my Verizon Note 2. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois