Bootloader Unlocked for Verizon Galaxy Note 2

Peter Blanco

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I need some help, I'm having a serious issue. I unlocked the bootloader just fine on my Note 2, for some reason I decided it would be a good idea to try and go back to recovery mode to put BeansBuild4 on it which now leaves my note 2 stuck on the "Note 2" boot screen. I can get into Odin mode but not recovery mode. I'm in dire straights, please help!

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
You're sure you unlocked? At the end of unlocking did you get the TWRP screen?
To get into recovery hold volume up + power+ home.
I read some people were having issues using the volume up button. I don't know if that was resolved.

Peter Blanco

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is unlocked, I did get to the TWRP screen and I can't get into recovery :(. I tried getting back to the TWRP screen using the same method to put BeansBuild4 on it and evidently I shouldn't have.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Peter Blanco

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I reviewed that and I could use it if I could get into recovery mode (or whatever Volume up+Power+Home is referred to). If I were to use Odin to put a stock rom on it could that make my phone operational?

Were you running stock? . If so try using stock rooted package through Odin don't use 100% stock because that will lock your bootloader

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't have 3G here (and it would have been far more than a 2 hour drive, each direction, to get into one), so I just bought one on eBay for about $400 (including overnight shipping). T-Mobile told me I could stop by and "look" at their display models and ask as many questions as I wanted. No thanks.

Has anyone else picked up a G1? If so, where and how much? Are you using it yet? I can't wait for mine to arrive :)

Try it and let us know

Peter Blanco

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Try it and let us know

Odin doesn't recognize my phone, crap. 2 questions, 1 what the heck should I do?! And 2, if I were to get a warranty replacement for this phone, would Verizon be able to tell that I messed with it? I know that rooting/unlocking bootloaders voids the warranty, but if they can't get past the boot screen will they know?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Odin doesn't recognize my phone, crap. 2 questions, 1 what the heck should I do?! And 2, if I were to get a warranty replacement for this phone, would Verizon be able to tell that I messed with it? I know that rooting/unlocking bootloaders voids the warranty, but if they can't get past the boot screen will they know?

If they can get into download mode they will know. If I were you I wouldn't panic just yet. I would reboot my computer, put the usb cable in another port and try again. If you can get into download mode there is always hope. Just take a breath and try again

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I am sweating by reading this thread right now. Instead, i'll just play with my unlocked phone that thinks its an ATT version., haha

Peter Blanco

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If they can get into download mode they will know. If I were you I wouldn't panic just yet. I would reboot my computer, put the usb cable in another port and try again. If you can get into download mode there is always hope. Just take a breath and try again

Good news, my computer recognized my phone, bad news I put JBB1 on it and it restarted and is still at the "Samsung Galaxy Note 2" screen. If you can help me out here I'll buy you a Macchiato ;)!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Good news, my computer recognized my phone, bad news I put JBB1 on it and it restarted and is still at the "Samsung Galaxy Note 2" screen. If you can help me out here I'll buy you a Macchiato ;)!

See.Good that's progress. Ok this will get fixed. Try the rooted stock version. If not then we will try the full stock. And start over

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I've got one that 1.5 gb on my computer called "root66_VZW_stock_system.tar.md5" vs the linked "root66_VZW_stock_system (1).7z.crdownload" which is almost 1000mb. Should I try mine anyway?

If your sur that original one is for the note 2. Then should be fine

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01