So I am no longer on the fence about this phone. Not sure why i ever was. I am going to buy it from Best Buy because they will match the $279.99 from Amazon Mobile. Also they have a trade in option to and I can trade in my Thunderbolt. I assume I can get $30 for it like Verizon offered me (But won't waive activation fee). Is it OK if the phone is rooted? Or do I have to un root before I hand it over? If I don't should I factory reset it before handing it to them. I will also be keeping my 32G SD card from the phone. I hope. What has been your experience with them. Also can I get the Asurion insurance on the phone even if I bought it from Best Buy? I know BB offers there own but I have had good luck with asurion.

Thanks,
    Brandon
    12-12-2012 08:01 PM
    Does anyone have any feedback?
    12-13-2012 08:26 AM
    I have never traded in a phone to Best Buy, but I'd say it would be better to return the device to stock.

And of course you want to wipe the device to remove any personal information.

Keep your SD Card and it will work with the Note.

Never had insurance on my devices, but some people swear by Best Buy's Black Tie stuff.

I too had a T-Bolt - sold mine on CL for $85 - maybe you can do the same.

Good luck - when are you picking it up?
    12-13-2012 08:39 AM
    Forget Assurion. BB has no deductible and unlimited claims.

Assurion $7 x 24= $168
    BB $169 by paying up front.

BB also includes a battery replacement if needed. Only caveat is that it doesn't cover lost or stolen. I just saw an article yesterday comparing different plans. Can't remember where, but it said steer clear of Assurion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-13-2012 08:43 AM
    I am waiting for my quarterly bonus to get the phone. I will have 0 out of pocket expense that way. I was hoping today, but no such luck. I feel like Clark Griswald in Christmas vacation. But I certainly don't have the $169 for up front cost. Though I wish I did. How long do I have to get the coverage after purchase?

I plan on Wiping all data as I am standing there getting the new phone. Don't want to go through it all and have something happen where I can't get it and stuck rebuilding my pages again. Argh that would blow.
    12-13-2012 11:22 AM
    I am waiting for my quarterly bonus to get the phone. I will have 0 out of pocket expense that way. I was hoping today, but no such luck. I feel like Clark Griswald in Christmas vacation. But I certainly don't have the $169 for up front cost. Though I wish I did. How long do I have to get the coverage after purchase?

I plan on Wiping all data as I am standing there getting the new phone. Don't want to go through it all and have something happen where I can't get it and stuck rebuilding my pages again. Argh that would blow.
    Man takes boss hostage? Demands jelly bean NOT jelly of the month! News at 11

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    12-13-2012 12:30 PM