Hey all so I am having a weird issue. I rooted my phone yesterday and that was successful. Part of my corporate policy for my e-mail is that my phone and SD card have to be encrypted. Root was successful and my phone was encrypted before I rooted. Once I was rooted I was having problems with my SD card randomly saying it was ejected, blank, or checking for errors all throughout yesterday. It got to the point where my phone wasn't detecting the SD card. So today I went ahead copied everything off formated it, and then rencrypted it. I am still seeing errors of blank SD card, SD card unexpectedly removed. I did not see these errors UNTIL I rooted. Anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix this?
    12-13-2012 09:31 AM
    The only thing I can imagine is that when you rooted, it dropped a system partition on your phone that screwed up your encryption key(s). I'd personally go back to stock, factory reset, re-root, and then encrypt the SD. OR buy touchdown and not have to worry about encryption(or your company accidentally wiping your phone)
    bigguy_132 likes this.
    12-13-2012 10:22 AM
    Shouldn't reencrypting the SD card re-create those keys? When I went into the Android System Recovery I did notice the following errors E: failed to mount /data (invalid argument) can't mount '/data' (invalid argument)

Just trying to figure out if I created the problem.

They way I am understanding this is to
    Re-flash Stock, Factory Reset, Root, Attach E-mail to Corporate Policy, encrypt phone and then encrypt SD card correct?
    12-13-2012 10:42 AM
    Thanks for the help Mr Smith phone is reset and re-rooted. However SD card still wont detect. Its either a DOA SD Card or a phone problem.
    12-13-2012 12:02 PM
    Thanks for the help Mr Smith phone is reset and re-rooted. However SD card still wont detect. Its either a DOA SD Card or a phone problem.
    One more thing you can try(if you didn't) is to re-format the SD card in a PC. It will probably need to be re-re formatted in the phone afterward but that could save you the few bucks if it is the SD.
    bigguy_132 likes this.
    12-13-2012 12:15 PM