Just purchased my GN2 yesterday and getting used to it. First impressions are positive, but the size is definitely something that I have to get used to.

Coming from a GS3, when I push the lock/unlock button, there is a delay before the screen comes on. I have it set to NO unlock so when I press the button I expect the screen to come on immediately similar to my GS3. There is is at least a 1 second delay before the screen actually comes on. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions to it? I am using Nova Launcher, but the delay was there before I installed that and is no different using the stock launcher. Just figured as fast as the phone is otherwise that there shouldn't be any delay when unlocking the screen.

Thanks
    Bryan
    12-14-2012 08:40 AM
    This delay is a good thing. It means the Note is sleeping. If the wake up was immediate all of the time it would mean that the Note never goes to sleep and you could be losing battery faster than you should when the device is idle and the screen is off.
    DaRkL3AD3R likes this.
    12-14-2012 09:16 AM
    Mine does the same thing...I've gotten used to it though It doesn't seem like there's any way to make it come on quicker (disabling animations and transitions etc.)
    12-14-2012 10:27 AM
    This delay is a good thing. It means the Note is sleeping. If the wake up was immediate all of the time it would mean that the Note never goes to sleep and you could be losing battery faster than you should when the device is idle and the screen is off.
    This. It is a VERY good thing. This is the first Android device I've seen that has this level of a deep sleep, and so quickly. Loving it.

The delay is less than 2 seconds anyways, 3 seconds is beyond exaggerated.
    12-14-2012 05:00 PM
    This. It is a VERY good thing. This is the first Android device I've seen that has this level of a deep sleep, and so quickly. Loving it.

The delay is less than 2 seconds anyways, 3 seconds is beyond exaggerated.
    Well in that case I don't mind. I thought it was a software glitch. The amazing battery life on this thing is worth a second or two. It just takes a little getting used to.
    12-15-2012 10:21 AM
    One second, you must be one hyper person if one second annoys you. Push the button and take a deep breath, bet the screen comes on before you exhale that fresh air.
    12-15-2012 11:53 AM
    One second, you must be one hipper person if one second annoys you. Push the button and take a deep breath, bet the screen comes on before you exhale that fresh air.
    I agree. No big deal. If it helps save the battery I'm all for it.
    12-15-2012 03:22 PM