Stock messaging app - Question

thisisanton

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not getting a "badge" when I get a text. I do get the sound notification but not the badge, and any suggestions? I'm looking for little number bubbles to appear around my Icons/Widgets telling me how many unread/missed text/calls. Is it because I'm using Go Launcher? It shows up on the S3. Is it a Note 2 Verizon thing?

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
This is a Go Launcher thing, isn't it? I don't use it but I used to. I think there is add-on you have to install. If you've done this with Go Launcher before then this wouldn't be a Note2 issue.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
If you want Badge Notifications for more than just SMS, GMail & Calls, I recommend getting Nova Launcher Prime (along with its free companion App 'Tesla Unread') and use 'Missed It' to get Badge Notifications for ALL Apps that produce Status Bar Notifications. Only exceptions are Apps that you manually envoke Notifications like taking a Screenshot.
If you only want them on your Lockscreen, it also works with Widget Locker (in place of Nova Launcher Prime).

Getting all 3 paid Apps (Nova, Missed It & Widget Locker) will cost about 10$ total but IMO money well spent.
Badge Notifications are pretty much the only feature I miss from iOS & after having them I just can't go without.

Here's a guide--> http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=199709