How can I get an FM radio on my Note II?

enfuego360

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I had an app on my thunderbolt that could play FM signals. I am looking for something similar for my Note II. What can I get? I am not looking for streaming radio stations. I want, I guess it would be, an FM tuner.

My ultimate goal is to listen to Met games on my phone while I am at the games (Always wanted to try that, but never wanted to bring a walkman to listen). Of course games are not streamed on line, so it has to be over the radio waves. And with the WFAN finally on FM radio, I can do this... If I can get an FM radio app.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I had an app on my thunderbolt that could play FM signals. I am looking for something similar for my Note II. What can I get? I am not looking for streaming radio stations. I want, I guess it would be, an FM tuner.

My ultimate goal is to listen to Met games on my phone while I am at the games (Always wanted to try that, but never wanted to bring a walkman to listen). Of course games are not streamed on line, so it has to be over the radio waves. And with the WFAN finally on FM radio, I can do this... If I can get an FM radio app.

Thunderbolt had an fm tuner radio built in. The note 2 does not. So best you can do is a streaming app

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
You could just get a small FM radio, the Sony-Ericsson MW600 Bluetooth headset has a FM radio built in, it gets good radio reception, certainly better than the ones built in to phones that I've tried, although it can't store station presets, but it's easy to tune and remembers the last station you used. It also works well as a Bluetooth headset allowing you to select different devices for Bluetooth audio and Bluetooth headset if you want, and stores up to three devices. Unfortunately it seems the option of adding a FM radio to a Bluetooth headset is ignored by other manufacturers, so there isn't much choice if you do want something that does Bluetooth and FM.

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Samsung's general User Manual (Rev0) for the GNote2 says the tuner is built in. VZW has disabled it. Thunderbolt tuner was nice!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
If this is the case perhaps one of the devs can get it working

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

I remember thinking the same thing with the Rezound. Never happened. I don't know why Verizon likes disabling hardware/software so much. It's not like I paid $700 for this thing...oh wait, yes I did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463