Thinking seriously about returning my Note 2

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have had it less than a week. Typically I have always worn my phone on my hip. All weekend I carried it in my pocket. My Seidio case and belt clip came in today. After keeping it for a day on my hip, I am struggling with the size. I also typically use swype as my keyboard of choice and even with my larger than average hands, it is hard to swype. Moving the keyboard to one side or another just doesn't feel right either. Coming from the S3 which is still a great phone, I am leaning toward returning the note and going back to my S3. I would consider the DNA but without any better battery life than the S3, I don't think it is worth the money either.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have had it less than a week. Typically I have always worn my phone on my hip. All weekend I carried it in my pocket. My Seidio case and belt clip came in today. After keeping it for a day on my hip, I am struggling with the size. I also typically use swype as my keyboard of choice and even with my larger than average hands, it is hard to swype. Moving the keyboard to one side or another just doesn't feel right either. Coming from the S3 which is still a great phone, I am leaning toward returning the note and going back to my S3. I would consider the DNA but without any better battery life than the S3, I don't think it is worth the money either.

Then i think you should go ahead and return, it is a large investment and if you don't feel its worth it then you should def go with something you feel more comfortable with. Good luck with whatever you choose.

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I returned mine and went back to the GS3. Same type of reason, I LOVED the Note 2 but it was a little cumbersome when I wasn't surfing the web or watching something. A part of me wants it back and perhaps I will buy it again. Now that the GS3 has jellybean its a little easier to give up the N2.

The woman at Best Buy was amazed that I was returning it, she's never seen one get returned.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

reb422

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
ZERO chance of me returning mine. Not only have I gotten completely used to the size, but now I look at it and think to myself "I thought this was bigger". It just looks normal sized to me now. AND... I love it when the ladies comment on how big it is ;)

treb1797

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
You really can't go wrong either way. Gotta admit there are times I miss my S3 when it comes to carrying my phone around during my daily routine. W/ both devices being so similar your not really giving up too much if you go back to your S3.

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
The galaxy s3 is still the best PHONE out there if the phablet isn't for you return it its that simple its your money

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
ZERO chance of me returning mine. Not only have I gotten completely used to the size, but now I look at it and think to myself "I thought this was bigger". It just looks normal sized to me now. AND... I love it when the ladies comment on how big it is ;)

haha ikr! I have like the smallest hands ever, but it fits PERFECTLY in my hand. When others say that's such a big phone, I honestly can not see it. I only notice that the note 2 is "big" when I place it beside my Evo 4g.

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I agree return it, If you aren't use to it by now, you never will. Return it while you still can, with the S3 you're still getting the best of both worlds. So the note 2 wont be a huge loss at all.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Ha ha! And Samsung has made it clear...this is not a tablet phablet whatever....it is a nice sized device...and ttws.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

I understand your dilemma. I thought the same thing, especially coming from an evo 3d. But in the end I got used to it and couldn't give up this amazing screen. But if you get close to your return date and still don't like it I would return it.
As for dna, I still prefer the s3 but the dna has gotten great reviews on battery life. I would look into it. But if your s3 is paid for I would stick with that and keep your renewal for a later time unless you pay full price for your phones

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Arun01

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Lol i'm actually coming from the GS3. I saw the note 2 & gs3 side by side in a verizon store & i was like o_O....!!! I'm 6'6" so i like everything big lol. But the GS3 is a beast of a phone so you can't go wrong there buddy!

cognus

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
glad I stumbled in here 'cause I have been having this argument with myself, not just about the Note 2 but a somewhat bigger issue of what devices I really need/use.
I have a nexus 7 and I think I can live with its issues... so I find myself grabbing it for quick tasks, and I love my thinkpad for things like what I'm doing here typing this [I'm a fast touch-typer].... my wife has a galaxy s4g and I know its deviling details... I find myself wondering: if I had the Note 2 or some similar high-end large display device [maybe RAZR Max HD?] would I really use it for 'all its worth'? or would I default back to the nexus 7 for everything but phone calling and quick lookups when traveling in the car or whatever - truly mobile .

we shall see.