Thinking seriously about returning my Note 2

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm seriously considering picking this up and paying full price for it (gotta keep my unlimited data). I just gotta check out how the signal compares to my Razr Maxx. Doesn't matter how good the phone is if I can't use it. Also hoping I can keep using FoxFi on it...gotta look into that...

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I returned mine and went back to the GS3. Same type of reason, I LOVED the Note 2 but it was a little cumbersome when I wasn't surfing the web or watching something. A part of me wants it back and perhaps I will buy it again. Now that the GS3 has jellybean its a little easier to give up the N2.

The woman at Best Buy was amazed that I was returning it, she's never seen one get returned.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Am sire ppl return them. Nothing is 100% there will be returns on it. All phones have returns

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So far, my Note 2 haven't disappointed me as much like my old Nexus. It's almost everything that I wanted in a phone: power (quad-core), display (even though it's not 1080p like the DNA), and AWESOME battery life. (which all cannot achieved by my ailing Nexus.) No regrets buying it and glad that I waited for it over the S3. :D

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm also a very petite woman looking into the N2 & possibly getting it after the new year myself. I spent 45 mins in a Verizon store last week checking it out and after using it for 10 mins it started to become natural on using it. Funny how we can adjust to new things quickly sometimes:) I currently have a 4S and my eyes are not so great anymore so a larger screen will be very nice to have. After leaving the store I had to take a message on my 4S, and I was like oh damn, my screen is small {{embarrassed faced}} I enjoy using my 4S/iOS but like I said, I could really use a larger screen & so far reading around here from quite a few that have moved from either the 4S, 5 or one droid to this, have been very happy with the switch so I'm glad to see alot of positive reaction to this device!

Might I add also, my uncle got his N2 2 Saturdays ago and he's really enjoying it too (tmobile for him) I can say that when I see him on Christmas Eve you can bet your @$$ I'm jacking his phone from him to check it out further :D lol

Let us know what you think....just tell your uncle your doing research.

And I know what you mean by the eyeball thing.

ronjr123

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I too am coming from a razor maxx. No one beats Motorola radios. This is a close second though. I am sure if you are getting two or more bars on the razr then the note will work also. I sometimes travel and the area my maxx wouldn't get a signal this won't either. In the area it did this does too. Maybe not quite as strong, but no has complained about fading in and out. The data stream is the same. Where it was weak on the razor, on the note it is slightly weaker still. But overall no complaints! I have been a Motorola user since the days of the star tac. This is my first non moto phone and I already like it way more than my maxx. Battery life is better on this than the maxx too, just thought I would throw that in.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the S3 and love it. But being a taller guy with big hands, I didn't think the Note 2 would be to big for me. Most of my co-workers thought I was insane. I have had it for about a week, and it seems normal sized to me. In fact when I hold the S3 now it seems really small. Plus I can't give up the SPen, the Quad core and the multi view now.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I too am coming from a razor maxx. No one beats Motorola radios. This is a close second though. I am sure if you are getting two or more bars on the razr then the note will work also. I sometimes travel and the area my maxx wouldn't get a signal this won't either. In the area it did this does too. Maybe not quite as strong, but no has complained about fading in and out. The data stream is the same. Where it was weak on the razor, on the note it is slightly weaker still. But overall no complaints! I have been a Motorola user since the days of the star tac. This is my first non moto phone and I already like it way more than my maxx. Battery life is better on this than the maxx too, just thought I would throw that in.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

My previous phone was the Razr Maxx. My impression of my Note 2 is that the radio is just as good as the Razr Maxx for phone calls and web surfing. However, I will say for Google GPS Navigation, the Razr Maxx was more sensitive and was able to look onto a signal even while I'm inside the house at home. My Note 2 can't seem to do that. May be a moot point since I'm not driving while inside at home, but just pointing out my observation from my experience with both phones

Casey

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
My Note 2 has the fastest GPS lock of any phone I've ever used. Never had a Motorola though.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I had the S3 and love it. But being a taller guy with big hands, I didn't think the Note 2 would be to big for me. Most of my co-workers thought I was insane. I have had it for about a week, and it seems normal sized to me. In fact when I hold the S3 now it seems really small. Plus I can't give up the SPen, the Quad core and the multi view now.

Don't forget to add the AWESOME battery life of the Note 2 over the S3. :D

Sent from Outer Space

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
My previous phone was the Razr Maxx. My impression of my Note 2 is that the radio is just as good as the Razr Maxx for phone calls and web surfing. However, I will say for Google GPS Navigation, the Razr Maxx was more sensitive and was able to look onto a signal even while I'm inside the house at home. My Note 2 can't seem to do that. May be a moot point since I'm not driving while inside at home, but just pointing out my observation from my experience with both phones

Casey

My daughter still has the RAZR Maxx and when we drive 90 miles to town the Maxx switches between 4g and 3g where our N2's stay on 4G.

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
after having the Nexus since launch day, i would CONSTANTLY drop data. i waited for updates and was finally so frustrated, i complained to VZW who allowed me to swap it for an S3 or a Maxx. I chose the Maxx for battery life only. i didnt have one complaint with it. everything about it was rock-solid, all of the time. however, the allure of the Note2 was just too much and i went and bought one at full retail without even having handled one.

i thought i loved my OG Droid... i thought i loved my DroidX. I thought i loved my Nexus and Maxx. they were all puppy love compared to the Note2 lol

i offset the price greatly by selling my N7 (which i never picked up after buying the N2), Maxx and Lapdock100 for a combined amount of ~$485. so, i was ultimately able to keep unlimited data and still pay the "subsidized" price.

whomever has doubts.... get it. you wont be disappointed.

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I used to hate swype before the note 2.i use it with the stylus and now live it. The gs3 would be your next best bet if you the note 2 isn't for you

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I used to hate swype before the note 2.i use it with the stylus and now live it. The gs3 would be your next best bet if you the note 2 isn't for you

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

You should try Swiftkey's beta version of Swype. OMG is is awesome. Always used swiftkey over swype, and decided to give swiftkey's version a try. So awesome.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
How long did it take you guys to get used to the size? I'm on day one and its post overwhelming part great. I'm coming from an optimus g and a 920.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It is different for everyone, it took me two weeks. I actually returned it once because I wasn't getting used to the size. But I missed it a lot and bought it back and now I love it.

From my Galaxy Note 2

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
How long did it take you guys to get used to the size? I'm on day one and its post overwhelming part great. I'm coming from an optimus g and a 920.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I'm a woman with small hands. I picked mine up 2 weeks ago tomorrow. I was comfortable with the size by the end of my second day.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
It is different for everyone, it took me two weeks. I actually returned it once because I wasn't getting used to the size. But I missed it a lot and bought it back and now I love it.

From my Galaxy Note 2

I'm a woman with small hands. I picked mine up 2 weeks ago tomorrow. I was comfortable with the size by the end of my second day.

Thanks! Im coming from a Nexus 4 / Optimus G and its a little hard getting used to it. (today is start of day 2)

Rain816

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
My friend got one before me and at the time I had the S3...when he showed me his phone the first time...i was blown away by the size and how big it was...I got mine 4 wks later and when i got it....i actually expected it to be bigger...I was use to the size by hr 2 of having it n my hands....

Tanooki2

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
This was me too the first couple of weeks! Mine did actually crash on the concrete through no fault of my own (someone knocked off table) and I had to get a replacement. Part of the problem was the flip case. Bad bad idea. I now have a Mercury case and it has more grip and protection. Plus, the flip gets in the way when you're trying to use it one-handed.

Coming from a Samsung Fascinate, I had no problem adjusting to the larger size. In fact, that is why I love this phone! I feel like I can actually do most anything on it that I could on a tablet, yet I have it with me at all times. I'm a girl with smallish hands and don't have trouble using one hand. I take advantage of S-Voice and Google Now when in the car. After briefly having to use a friend's iPhone 4 to look up something, I now know that there is no way I could go back to such a tiny screen.

The other thing I love is the battery life. My Fascinate needed to be charged twice per day. I don't even THINK about my Note needing to charge. It has been lasting me about 1.5 days with average use. Wonderful.