Need a screen protector???

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Seeing it has gorilla glass, any reason to install a screen protector? Does one mess with the s pen?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Seeing it has gorilla glass, any reason to install a screen protector? Does one mess with the s pen?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I got spigen Ultra crystal. after 2 or 3 days i had little scuffs i have know idea how they got there as i baby my phone. no it doesnt mess with functionality

treb1797

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a regular ZAGG Invisible Shield on mine & no issues w/ the S Pen. I have read on other sites that folks are having issues w/ the ZAGG HD version showing lines where they used their S Pen.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine since release day and the screen is still perfect. I carry it in my pockets... generally I make sure it's the only thing in whatever pocket it's occupying though.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
ditto the above. I've dropped mine once and it landed on asphalt. So far, no scratches or nicks via normal wear. One of my huge gripes against the iPhone (and I owned 3! ) was that you couldn't carry or live with the damned thing unless it was in a case. My note 2 lives nekked and so far lives well :)

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd get the spigen oleophobic or the ultra clear. The zagg hd was not good and the spen left marks on it. Even though it has gorilla glass 2 it will scratch when you least expect it. I've also heard that the dry installs are the best. Especially after the post from someone who had their note 2 damaged from a wet zagg install.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the spigen ultra off amazon. Seemed to have the best reviews

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the verizon dry applied screen protectors and love it. They feel just like the glass and don't interfere with the S Pen at all.

I used to use the heavier protectors in the past like Zagg etc and they all felt too grippy to me. I couldn't imagine how obnoxious that would make using the S Pen so there's no way no how I would use one of those.

But as to the title question of do you need a protector the answer is YES. Absolutely yes. You will get small scratches all over the screen in short time just from using the S Pen and it will bother the heck out of you. At least with a protector on you know that those little marks are not on your actual device and you'll feel a lot better. Get one on it asap.

JGRJR

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I got a Zagg anti reflective. It was horrible. It created a prism effect that seemed to reduce screen resolution. Ordered a Spigen. It was a model that does not require the protector to be wet before installtion. It came with two covers. Seems to be a hard surface. Does not mark as easy as a Zagg or my previous Spigen on my Galaxy Nexus.

The only problem is during installation with the new method you really have to make sure there is no dust. I mean none. My first try I got two dust specks. These leave what looks like a very small bubble underneath the cover. These do not go away. You have to lift the cover and remove the dust with a provided sticky tape. I am not complaining, just a different install method that once you are used to it seems easier. I think the reason why the small bubbles remain over the dust specks is the cover is quite hard and even a small speck of dust lifts it. So far so good. I really like this cover.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I just installed my SPG Ultra today I am impressed so far. I have been using Zagg exclusively for 2 - 3 years and have always been happy with them, but the s-pen issues I read about had me concerned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I just installed my SPG Ultra today I am impressed so far. I have been using Zagg exclusively for 2 - 3 years and have always been happy with them, but the s-pen issues I read about had me concerned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Installed mine yesterday with no problems. Read reviews on Amazon about it being hard to install. Got my first one on easily with no bubbles

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Installed mine yesterday with no problems. Read reviews on Amazon about it being hard to install. Got my first one on easily with no bubbles

Compared to Zagg, this one was a piece of cake to put on. It literally took me 30 seconds with no bubbles or anything else. I think the trick is to make sure the glass is really clean and dust free first.

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
No screen protector or case for me. I figure a phone manufacturer made their device for how it should be used. My Thunderbolt did just fine without a case and screen protector for the 18 months I used it. It got a few scuffs, but that's fine.

I love this phone!

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I've never seen a protector that looked good or didn't feel like crap. I use the Samsung flip cover so it is protected when I'm not using it and perfect naked glass when I am using it.

JohnyLunchmeat

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered the SPG Ultra Crystal Clear. I used it on my old phone for about a year and a half and the screen is still like brand new. I cant even tell its on the screen.

I'm interested in that glass SPG screen protector though and might give it a shot when available.

Sent from my MONSTER using Tapatalk 2

tkfisher

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I never saw a good reason not to use a screen protector with a phone. I'm using the mobc oleophobic from amazon and feels great with no interfering with the spen. Two of them for about ten dollars and I'd be hard pressed to think that the spigen is any better. I also figure it would help resale value down the road if I keep it from scratching and whatnot

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I've always used a screen protector on my smartphones. I installed the screen protectors sold at the Verizon store and it works great. No issues when using the S Pen and no lines. I recommend using one ... if nothing else it will give you peace-of-mind knowing you have an extra layer of protection. It's one of those things that might bother you if it is not installed, but if you do install it (correctly) you might forget it's there.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
There's a lot of people who baby their phones on xda with both the s3 and note 2 who never thought about a screen protector. Then they looked in the light and saw tons of micro scratches... Like the other said, there isn't a good reason NOT to have one. The JLG feels great and looks great.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney