Google Calendar Sync

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
With Google ending Google calendar sync how will that affect the dates and such stored in my calendar when I switch devices and what not? Will it no longer auto download them to my new calendar and such? With the Note 2 having its own calendar I uninstalled the Google one since I do not need two telling me about the dates and getting two notifications. Once I did that Calendar sync failed. Am I stuck with having two if I prefer to use the one that came with TW? Im a bit confused by all this.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Then why when I removed Google Calendar it stopped working with the TW calendar and when I reinstalled it it worked fine again.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Not sure, but I am using the stock calendar app and Google calendar with no issues. Perhaps check your Google sync settings. Maybe calendar was turned off.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It wasnt turned off. I kept the TW calendar but deleted google calendar and it stopped syncing. I reinstalled google calendar and it worked fine again. I have no need for both and both giving me notifications.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Go into application manager and clear data for calendar and calendar storage. Then go to your Google account in system Settings and uncheck and then recheck the sync box for calendar and it should start syncing again.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II