Signal Strength?

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
How is the signal strength on the Note 2?

I've had a Nexus S, GS2 & Galaxy Nexus and all have had horrendous signal strength. I swore I'd never buy another Samsung phone, but I've heard the Note 2 is different. I've been very very pleased with the signal strength of my Motorola phones, but I've been wanting to switch because I hate on-screen buttons and I know where will be more ROMS for the Note 2.

Just curious how it compares to the last phone you had....

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I've had a Nexus S, GS2 & Galaxy Nexus and all have had horrendous signal strength. I swore I'd never buy another Samsung phone, but I've heard the Note 2 is different. I've been very very pleased with the signal strength of my Motorola phones, but I've been wanting to switch because I hate on-screen buttons and I know where will be more ROMS for the Note 2.

I've had really good luck so far, usually running 4-5 bars. I think the radio quality has a lot to do with it, and this phone has higher end radios than the older phones did. Motorola phones have good signal strength due to the fact they have very high quality radios. I've been using it almost a week and haven't had any dropped calls either. I'm sure someone on this forum can tell you the name of the radios as well.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Motorola phones will always have some of the best radios out there and therefore best signal strength. For Samsung this has always been their achilles heel. My Nexus had OK signal strength but I was in an area with full 3G and now full 4G. I have noticed a significant difference between the Nexus and GS3/Note 2 which I have used both recently and now using the Note 2 as my main phone. That being said if signal strength is your #1 priority over everything else possible I would say Motorola is your best bet, but that doesn't mean I would recommend a Motorola phone to everyone.

I love the Note 2, signal strength has been on par if not better than my GS3 was and actually pretty close to when I had a MAXX HD to play with.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
My HTC Rezound was also excellent with signal strength. It rivaled or surpassed the two moto phones I owned.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.

SupperDroid

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I live out in the country, Both my wife's and Droid 2 my Droid 4 (Moto) have lost signal in a particular spot on the way to town. We named it the black hole. The GN2 drives by the same spot with no issues. I have always favored Moto due to the radio quality which I place #1 priority. But in my case the GN2 has it beat.

Vondutch67

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been really impressed with the signal strength of my GN2 so far and I've experienced very consistent 4G connectivity throughout my day(s) including in my garage (a notorious dead-zone for 4G). The GN2 has been the best experience I've had yet with regards to Samsung phones (Charge, GNexus and SGIII prior to this one). As for data speed, it's been a winner. I had the opportunity to do a SpeedTest shootout with a client of mine last night and my Verizon GN2 smoked his Verizon iPhone 5 (something that various Youtube videos didn't prepare me for) with consistent upload speeds of 15mbps and download speeds averaging 27mbps (with a high of 40mbps one time).

My old Moto Droid RAZR always inspired confidence, its radio performance was rock-solid and dependable, and it's the phone/experience against which I compare all others. I've always been wary of Samsung radios but I'm really happy with the Note 2 so far. It has been, without a doubt, the best performing Samsung I've owned.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
My old Moto Droid RAZR always inspired confidence, its radio performance was rock-solid and dependable, and it's the phone/experience against which I compare all others. I've always been wary of Samsung radios but I'm really happy with the Note 2 so far. It has been, without a doubt, the best performing Samsung I've owned.
Better or worse than your RAZR?

orgelbau

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Signal strength on the Note 2 had been good for me. I thought the S3 was horrible, the Note 2 is good. I would say it's on par with HTC and Moto. Where it really rocks is LTE. The N2 is by far the best LTE device I have used.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I went from an GS3 to a Razr Maxx HD. The signal strength was noticeably better on the Maxx HD than the GS3. Now with the N2 it seems on par with the Maxx HD. I have only had it 8 days, but so far so good and I travel a 3 state territory for work, so signal strength is a hot button topic for me.

beefchopper

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I love my Note 2 and think it is the best phone I have ever had but can say that while the reception is very good on the GN2, it is without question not as strong as my Droid or DroidX. Verizon's signal can be found virtually everywhere and it is hard to find a place where you cannot receive it. I live in a high rise building with plenty of concrete and steel. There is one place in my apartment which is shielded to a greater extent from the VZW signal than the rest of the apartment. I can tell you for certain that in that spot (which unfortunately is my bedroom where I spend a lot of time) I cannot receive or make a single call on my Note 2 but can do both without any problems whatsoever on my Droid and DroidX. I have not had any problem getting and receiving calls anywhere else I've been with my Note 2 so I don't consider this a big problem but if you want real world proof of the answer to this question rather than try to depend on the accuracy of the meter readings or number of bars shown on different phones this is it.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
^thank you for your honesty.

I would love to get the Note 2, but my main concern is signal strength, followed by the screen, battery life and expansion. I think I'm best sticking with my Maxx HD.

etbooker

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I own a Galaxy Note II myself and none of your concerns are present in the Note II. It has great battery life and there are no signal problems to speak of.

Sent from my DROID4 using Android Central Forums

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Note 2 has outstanding signal strength and calls are nice and clear. I had problems with my GS3 but NO problems with the N2.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Note 2 has outstanding signal strength and calls are nice and clear. I had problems with my GS3 but NO problems with the N2.
That's good to hear. I haven't seen really any signal issue threads with the Note 2. I remember complaining about the GS3 and people telling me there were no issues...:rolleyes:

lherch

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
That's good to hear. I haven't seen really any signal issue threads with the Note 2. I remember complaining about the GS3 and people telling me there were no issues...:rolleyes:
I bought 5 S3's w/Verizon and took all of them back and replaced them with the Razor Maxx and tried the Razor HD. I loved the S3, but where I live out in the sticks it would not hold a call signal at all. I've got the Note 2 and it is as good as if not better than the Razor HD and the Razor Maxx, which are the only ones that work where I live besides my daughters apple phone. I have a network extender that I got to use with the S3's that I bought and was certain that I would have to use it with the Note 2. Nope, not even a single crackle or pop in any phone call.

Get it and keep it, you'll be happy. S3 will only make you mad and wish you hadn't ever heard of them. The Razor's are great, but the Note 2 is better.

Just my opinion. Hope it helps.