can't delete yahoo from mail

daso

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've been having constant problems with yahoo mail and the stock email app that comes with the note. It doesn't seem to update half the time and then keeps giving wrong password errors then seems to work. I think I'm through with yahoo and don't want to use their ad based app. So every time I try to delete the account from my mail, it says it either can't communicate with the server and fails to delete, or I get a message saying that I have to reset my phone to get rid of it since it seems to be tied into my google backup. What the hell is going on?

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been having constant problems with yahoo mail and the stock email app that comes with the note. It doesn't seem to update half the time and then keeps giving wrong password errors then seems to work. I think I'm through with yahoo and don't want to use their ad based app. So every time I try to delete the account from my mail, it says it either can't communicate with the server and fails to delete, or I get a message saying that I have to reset my phone to get rid of it since it seems to be tied into my google backup. What the hell is going on?

I have seen others experience issues with Yahoo and the default app, mainly on the GS3 though. My friend in particular had issues and forced him to download and use the Yahoo mail app. I don't know for sure whos to blame here, Yahoo or Samsung, but either way if you are having issues I would say download the Yahoo Mail app and see if that straightens your problems out. If it doesn't and you still getting problems on your phone then its Yahoo.

daso

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have seen others experience issues with Yahoo and the default app, mainly on the GS3 though. My friend in particular had issues and forced him to download and use the Yahoo mail app. I don't know for sure whos to blame here, Yahoo or Samsung, but either way if you are having issues I would say download the Yahoo Mail app and see if that straightens your problems out. If it doesn't and you still getting problems on your phone then its Yahoo.

I had the same issue with my SG3, but not as badly

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
there are several threads about this. YM and stock email app don't work together. you may want to download the YM App from Play, even though the Push doesn't work on it yet.

daso

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
there are several threads about this. YM and stock email app don't work together. you may want to download the YM App from Play, even though the Push doesn't work on it yet.

Thanks, I must have overlooked this. Bigger issue is trying to delete the yahoo account from it. It won't delete

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm in that exact situation except that I was able to delete the Yahoo! account from the stock mail app. It blows having separate email apps for Gmail, exchange and Yahoo! but it works with the exception of no push yet for Yahoo!

dragon718

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue on my phone. Email wouldn't load, getting password error, and won't delete the account. I found a way to get the email off of the phone. Go into application manager in setting then under all click on email and click clear data and that will remove the email from the phone so you can then just use the yahoo mail app

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Drummer Bob

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tip about deleting yahoo accounts. It was driving me crazy. I never thought about going into the apps and killing everything all the e-mail accounts. Got rid of them and then set them back up as generic accounts. I have Verizon-Yahoo mail, and the generic settings solved multiple problems I was having with the Yahoo mail setup.

Bob

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463