Moving My Thunderbolt card to my Note 2

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting my Note 2 tomorrow and I need to know if I can put the sd card (From my Thunderbolt) right in the new phone and be good to go?

Should it work or should I format it before moving it over. Will it move over ?

Thanks in advance.

Vince

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
You can put it right in. Should pick up and read all your media and photos and everything else from the card.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Android Central Forums.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I concur, just simply insert the same memory card directly into your new phone. No need for formatting. The only inconvenience I've found is sometimes I have to search for where my files are located, such as music and picture files because a new phone may place it in another different drive path. Annoying, but you will figure it out.

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I concur, just simply insert the same memory card directly into your new phone. No need for formatting. The only inconvenience I've found is sometimes I have to search for where my files are located, such as music and picture files because a new phone may place it in another different drive path. Annoying, but you will figure it out.

OK, thanks for the heads up.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yep me and my wife came from the Thunderbolt and stuck our 32GB SD Card's right into the Note 2 and all was well. No problems.

Although I am seriously looking to expand... Radioshack has the Sandisk 64GB Ultra Class 10 Micro SDXC cards on sale for $46 :S I wants. Now to talk the wife into it lol

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Yep me and my wife came from the Thunderbolt and stuck our 32GB SD Card's right into the Note 2 and all was well. No problems.

Although I am seriously looking to expand... Radioshack has the Sandisk 64GB Ultra Class 10 Micro SDXC cards on sale for $46 :S I wants. Now to talk the wife into it lol

I have the same 64GB Sandisk Ultra card that I bought from Best Buy for $49 a month ago on sale. Works great! I already have it half filled with pics and videos and stuff.
You cannot have a large enough memory card, haha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol