S Pen Keeper not working?

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Am I missing something? I have the S-Pen Keeper checked, but it doesn't seem to alert the phone no matter how far away I move, even to a different floor. My friend has an AT&T Note 2 and she said hers goes off after a few feet. Any suggestions? Thank you!

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine goes off after 10 feet or so. Never mind, I just tested it and couldn't get it to work .

Check the volume?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have an at&t note 2 as well. The alert goes off for me after a few feet also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine goes off after 10 feet or so. Never mind, I just tested it and couldn't get it to work .

Check the volume?

Yes, volumn is high...did you get yours to work? Was it working and then stopped?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have S Pen keeper on?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Yes, it has the check mark showing.

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I got it to work once by turning the screen off and walking with the phone in one hand and the pen in the other. The beep was minimal and probably wouldn't have warned me if I wasn't already looking for it.

Sent by Accident

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I've found that just walking away rarely works. You actually have to pick the phone up rather rapidly and walk away which seems to set it off every time on mine.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I've found that just walking away rarely works. You actually have to pick the phone up rather rapidly and walk away which seems to set it off every time on mine.

So basically this function is only useful when being mugged. The mugger is alerted that he forgot to snatch the S pen out of your hand in his haste to get away.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

miss chris

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
It does not work on proximity. The screen has to be off and the phone has to be "jostled" as if you are walking away. Pretty useless if you ask me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power