Where do you get music from?

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I am old school. I prefer buying CDs but its hard to find them locally these days. My GF uses iTunes on her iPhone but I guess I dislike that idea on an Android phone so where do you get your music these days?

I understand some may use torrents as well but the legalities and morality of doing so doesn't seem right however, I'm not entirely opposed to doing so.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Amazon or iTunes mainly. That is if I need to buy it. I have fallen in love with the subscription option and have gone with Spotify for most of my music needs these days.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I use iTunes and Amazon most of the time. The vast majority of iTunes music is DRM free so it can legally be placed on multiple devices that YOU own. I also use Pandora to stream. I have heard good things about Spotify, but I haven't tried it yet.

When I hear a song I like I will use Shazam to listen to it and note the artist and song title. I can access my list in Shazam at any time for downloading. This is great while driving and a cool song comes on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Once upon a time I used Amazon and Google Music but it got tiresome keeping everything organized so now I pay for Rdio and I couldn't be happier. Sure it cost $10 a month but I can listen to almost anything I want.

dynesh

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I use Spotify. Pandora may be free, and you can still listen to it when you just want random radio stations, because Spotify's is not very good. But I love being able to listen to just about any song I want at any time, and once you get into the power of playlists, your or others you can subscribe to, then it is an awesome service.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I've got a trial of Music Hub and subscribe to Spotify. Music Hub is surprisingly good. It has a bigger library than Spotify and i think its radio station picks are a bit better. But..... Hub just works on Samsung Devices. I've got the Spotify app on my iPad, Nexus 7 and Note 2.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.

FBPD10

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I use Amazon for everything. I also have a Kindle fire and use the Amazon MP3 player app at work on the computer. Music is cheaper than I-Tunes.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

RLLangley

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Ive heard good things about spotify too but pandora is free

Sent from my SGH-T889

I'm also a BIG fan of Pandora but the one thing that I really like about Spotify is I can create playlists on my notebook and then sync them with ease on my phone. I have some GREAT radio stations on Pandora but if there is something specific I want to listen too I go with Spotify.

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I like my free promo tunes :]
I still like to buy cds and vinal and rip it. Burn a copy for the car, ect.
I also like buying albums that have dvds or like the tool album with the glasses.

Sent from my SGH-T889

izhazissuez

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I enjoy using Spotify very much especially being able to create a playlist that I can save on my phone to use while flying

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much just ripped all my old CD's and still buy one or two a year. Most of my online purchases are in itunes but amazon runs good deals that I take advantage of as well.