I didn't lose my unlimited plan? :D

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
so if i have a upgrade on an extra line and upgrade that but my line with unlimited data does not have an upgrade until way off from now the upgrade on the extra line will be used for the note 2 and my unlimited data numbers upgrade will be pushed back another 2 years?
We aren't talking about the same fact pattern.

Go back to my original post and reread it. What I am talking about is TRANSFERRING an upgrade FROM an unlimited data line TO a non-unlimited data line. If your unlimited data line doesn't have an upgrade until way off from now, then you are talking about doing something different from what I was talking about. I am talking about using your unlimited data line's currently available upgrade.

StevenS2k5

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
When I end up switching mine tomorrow morning it will be just shy of 24 hours. The guy at the Verizon store told me once we had the device we own it and can move it around the account whenever we want.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
When I end up switching mine tomorrow morning it will be just shy of 24 hours. The guy at the Verizon store told me once we had the device we own it and can move it around the account whenever we want.
True but remember the issue here is keeping unlimited, not just whether or not you can move a device around from line to line on your account.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
What is unlimited? Calls or data? You can not have both. I am happy to be back to talking to people freely withought limits....have to bum wifi from my house now, but whatevs.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Unlimited data is what were are talking about. FYI - you can have both unlimited calls and data and texts for that matter if you got it before they closed the loophole in March of 2012.

You lucky devil! You have both. :cheers: I had unlimited data, but I also have blast wifi at home, so it was easy to give it up for unlimited calls.
FYI, I know lmao.

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
You lucky devil! You have both. :cheers:
Actually, I don't have unlimited calls because I don't need them. I have unlimited mobile to mobile calls, unlimited texts, unlimited data and 700 minutes of peak landline calls. I could change to unlimited calls, but I don't use even 20% of the 700 minutes I have each month since most of my calls are to mobile phones and those are unlimited.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I don't have unlimited calls because I don't need them. I have unlimited mobile to mobile calls, unlimited texts, unlimited data and 700 minutes of landline calls. I could change to unlimited calls, but I don't use even 20% of the 700 minutes I have each month since most of my calls are to mobile phones and those are unlimited.

Exactly.

StevenS2k5

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
True but remember the issue here is keeping unlimited, not just whether or not you can move a device around from line to line on your account.

Right. When I switch the Note 2 to my unlimited line should not affect if I keep unlimited or not. I just asked at the store to be sure it was not a problem to move the phone to other lines that were not the line used to get the subsidized price. Whether I move the phone now or tomorrow morning probably won't make a difference in any area.

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Right. When I switch the Note 2 to my unlimited line should not affect if I keep unlimited or not. I just asked at the store to be sure it was not a problem to move the phone to other lines that were not the line used to get the subsidized price. Whether I move the phone now or tomorrow morning probably won't make a difference in any area.
That is how I understand it, too. Please keep us posted - I am so glad to have found out about this option! I hope VZW keeps allowing people to do this so we can have both our unlimited data and our subsidized phones!!!!

StevenS2k5

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
That is how I understand it, too. Please keep us posted - I am so glad to have found out about this option! I hope VZW keeps allowing people to do this so we can have both our unlimited data and our subsidized phones!!!!

I'll let you know how things on the account look tomorrow after I switch devices around and then again after the 12th when our billing period ends and the new one begins.

I was about to go out and lose unlimited data for this phone then I read about this. I'd rather try something that might work then just flat out lose my unlimited plan.

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Moving a phone from line to line does not affect anything ever.
Right but he did more than that - he transferred his upgrade from an unlimited data line to another line and then got a subsidized phone using the transferred upgrade and is now moving the subsidized phone back to the unlimited data line.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Right but he did more than that - he transferred his upgrade from an unlimited data line to another line and then got a subsidized phone using the transferred upgrade and is now moving the subsidized phone back to the unlimited data line.

Yup, I have done that as well. As long as you do not upgrade directly on the umlimited line, you can do this.

StevenS2k5

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

I should also mention I payed the full 300 at the Verizon store instead of doing this through BestBuy or Amazon (both have cheaper prices) because there are weird lines in the policy agreement thing for both that say something like they want that phone kept on the original line for 181 days or you will be charged the full price and lose the upgrade discount. Im not exactly sure if I interpreted that correctly but I would rather be safe and spend a few bucks more.

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I should also mention I payed the full 300 at the Verizon store instead of doing this through BestBuy or Amazon (both have cheaper prices) because there are weird lines in the policy agreement thing for both that say something like they want that phone kept on the original line for 181 days or you will be charged the full price and lose the upgrade discount. Im not exactly sure if I interpreted that correctly but I would rather be safe and spend a few bucks more.
You interpreted it correctly. If you drop the data plan or downgrade the data plan on the line you got the subsidized phone on before 181 days and bought from either BestBuy or Amazon, you are charged a fee that essentially wipes out the subsidy.

StevenS2k5

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
So far so good. I am now using my Note 2 on my regular number. I just swapped SIM cards for that. Then I tried to reactivate our feature phone but it wasn't working properly so I called VZW and they took care of it. The $29.99 data plan automatically dropped and the feature phone is now activated.

As of now, My Verizon account says I have unlimited data. I won't be 100% positive thus process is a success until our billing cycle ends and restarts the 12th.

Let me know if anyone else has had success using this method. Hopefully a few people find this and are able to stick with their unlimited plans for a while longer.

WannaBeYou

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
As of now, My Verizon account says I have unlimited data. I won't be 100% positive thus process is a success until our billing cycle ends and restarts the 12th.
Please let us know what happens to the upgrade dates and contract lengths.

If I understand it correctly, the upgrade date for your unlimited line should be 20 months from the date you bought the subsidized phone on the non-data line and the non-data line's upgrade date should not be affected by the alternate upgrade. Also, the contract on the unlimited line should be extended by another 2 years whereas the contract length of the non-data line should be unchanged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol