Convince me to switch from the gnexus to the note 2!

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm really in a dilemma here. I love my galaxy nexus a lot. I have had it for one year and it has been the best phone I have ever owned. However one thing is holding it back from being truly amazing: the battery life. Man does the battery life suck on this thing. If I leave it sitting in my pocket for half of the day with very light usage, the battery drops 20 sometimes 30%. This is unacceptable. And when I go on road trips, I should forget about my nexus lasting half the day. NOW, the battery life is one reason alone I want the note 2. However one thing holding me back was the size of the note. Is the size really that bad? I need u guys to convince me to switch to the note 2!

Sent from my jelly bean flavored nexus.

Last edited:

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Get the Nexus 4. My battery has been excellent. Not in the Note 2 category but still excellent. You will miss the updates.

I came from a Samsung GS2 and I know that my battery was very similar to the Gnex. Poor to horrible.

I am at 12 hours off charger and am just about at 4 hours screen time. Plus I streamed music for an hour and ran my navigation for around 30minutes.

I'm now able to go all day. I can't figure out all the bad reviews on battery except that they have faulty units. Mine has been amazing. And so fast. Plus the IPS LCD screen is gorgeous. Don't miss the AMOLED at all.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Lol. Yeah. The nexus 4 is not an option. And it's not like the vzw gnex got updates fast anyway. Thanks for ur opinion though. For now let's keep this thread focused on switching to the gnote 2.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Bowman53

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm really in a dilemma here. I love my galaxy nexus a lot. I have had it for one year and it has been the best phone I have ever owned. However one thing is holding it back from being truly amazing: the battery life. Man does the battery life suck on this thing. If I leave it sitting in my pocket for half of the day with very light usage, the battery drops 20 sometimes 30%. This is unacceptable. And when I go on road trips, I should forget about my nexus lasting half the day. NOW, the battery life is one reason alone I want the note 2. However one thing holding me back was the size of the note. Is the size really that bad? I need u guys to convince me to switch to the note 2!

I had a Nexus before the GN2 and its night and day. The battery life on this thing is insane, I dont think I could ever go back to something else. As far as the size, I cant really speak to that, its something you need to decide by holding one. I fell head over heels when I held one, but I rarely put my phones in my jeans pockets....

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Ive owned the GNex. I can honestly say I couldn't use it unless I had to in an emergency now. I absolutely love my GN2. The battery life is amazing. Depending on what I am doing Ive gotten 5 to 6 hours of on screen time with the screen at 70% brightness. I'm an average sized guy, I'm only 5' 8.5" and the size doesn't bother me at all. I do not put the note in my pocket though. I have an OB Defender on it. Even with that the size does not bother me at all. I am in the military and the only thing that looks a bit odd is when it is in the holster under the top. It pokes out some. That is also cause the top is a bit too small but with the cost of those things Ill get a new one next year lol. Run by VZW and play with one. I'm almost certain you will not be disappointed.

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Note II on the left, Gnex right. Need I say more?

Samsung_Galaxy_NoteII.jpg

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Do any of you feel that the device is too big sometimes?

Yes. when you try to use the phone one handed on the street, it seems big, but at home, or sitting on the desk feels totally OK. but you get used to size quickly and yes it blows the Gnex away. and I use it and carry it the same as I did with the Gnex, I have a back shell with a kickstand built in and a screen protector (doesn't add to the size) and just keep it in my pocket, whether pants or jacket.

Hail6

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

Size isn't a issue here. I'm 5'7 so not a huge handed man and it's com comfortable to me. I can one hand text without the one handed feature!!!! Great phone good battery!!!

From my Note2 to hopefully yours

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Size isn't a issue here. I'm 5'7 so not a huge handed man and it's com comfortable to me. I can one hand text without the one handed feature!!!! Great phone good battery!!!

From my Note2 to hopefully yours

Thanks. I'm about the same height as you so hopefully the note 2 won't be a problem. I'm probably going to check it out at Verizon after Christmas. Thanks all and have a merry Christmas!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I am a VZW GNex owner. I switched to the Note 2 and flat out love it.

Just about everything on it is a huge step up from my Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Get the Nexus 4. My battery has been excellent. Not in the Note 2 category but still excellent. You will miss the updates.

I came from a Samsung GS2 and I know that my battery was very similar to the Gnex. Poor to horrible.

I am at 12 hours off charger and am just about at 4 hours screen time. Plus I streamed music for an hour and ran my navigation for around 30minutes.

I'm now able to go all day. I can't figure out all the bad reviews on battery except that they have faulty units. Mine has been amazing. And so fast. Plus the IPS LCD screen is gorgeous. Don't miss the AMOLED at all.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I'm able to do all of that on my Note2.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Also, the gnex camera was awful. I had a gnex for a week. But camera is important to me. The gn2 camera is great.

Same here, had the Galaxy Nexus for 1 week total back in March and I couldn't stand it. It just felt like a junky phone all around. Not having at least an 8 MP decent quality camera was a big blow. The fact that it used TI Omap SoC's really turned me off too. I had history with these letting me down, so I refused to allow it again. And the final nail in the coffin? Pentile. Ewwwwwww.

The Note 2 trumps the Galaxy Nexus in all these categories and more. It's just an incredible device and to even COMPARE the Nexus to it is mind boggling. We're talking chump league and Mr Universe differences here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital