I just recently upgraded to the Note 2, along with the new Share Everything Plan which includes Mobile Hotspot.
    I've tried connecting 3 different devices to my device running Mobile Hotspot, and neither one can connect.
    I've tried using the WPA2 security feature enabled, as well as in Open mode. Still no luck.
    Has anyone had success in getting the Hotspot feature to work on their Note 2?
    12-26-2012 12:36 AM
    I finally got it to connect. Something in my home was interfering with my signal. I switched from Auto, to another channel using the Hotpspot app, such as channel 1, and it worked.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    12-26-2012 08:37 AM
    I finally got it to connect. Something in my home was interfering with my signal. I switched from Auto, to another channel using the Hotpspot app, such as channel 1, and it worked.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Glad you got it to work! I'm wondering if you mind letting me know what your monthly shared plan cost is that includes the mobile hotspot? I curious if it's more than my plan, which I'm guessing it is. I have the 450 minute talk time plan, along with grandfathered 4G LTE unlimited data plan (and unlimited text) for myself only, and including a corporate discount my monthly fee is just under $80.

Thanks,
    Casey
    12-26-2012 11:18 AM
    I had the same issue as well, though I am rooted I am on the share everything plan and I found out that my device was simply not provisioned by Verizon to begin with. So for those who are running into issues and are on the share everything plan and if you get the message saying you are not subscribed you just need to call them and tell Verizon to fix it in their system. Happy Holidays.
    12-26-2012 12:10 PM
    Glad you got it to work! I'm wondering if you mind letting me know what your monthly shared plan cost is that includes the mobile hotspot? I curious if it's more than my plan, which I'm guessing it is. I have the 450 minute talk time plan, along with grandfathered 4G LTE unlimited data plan (and unlimited text) for myself only, and including a corporate discount my monthly fee is just under $80.

Thanks,
    Casey
    I had the Unlimited Data Plan, but end up loosing it when I upgraded. I was upgrading 2 lines on my account, and it wasn't worth trying to pay full retail price for 2 phones just to keep Unlimited Data. I went with the 10 GB plan. I have a feeling I won't even need that much. I will probably watch my usage, then pick a lesser plan down the road.
    Here's a page with the break downs of what it would cost you if you changed to the Share Everything Plan.
    Plans - Share Everything | Verizon Wireless
    Casey Cheung likes this.
    12-26-2012 09:12 PM