durability of the note2?

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Everyone drops their phones. I've never broke a phone from a drop. However I dropped my nexus7 (in a case) once and it shattered. So being that the note2 is inbetween a phone and tablet size, is it more prone to break than a typical 4-4.5 inch phone?

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Not me!

Reminds me of a joke......man goes to a doctor and says 'it hurts when I do this' (lifts arm). Doc says 'don't do that.'

Never dropped any mobile device or tablet. If you are prone to dropping get insurance. These things are not designed to be dropped. Just assume you are screwed if you do.

Sent from my hookah via hash cloud.

Tanooki2

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I had the unfortunate displeasure of dropping my N2 this weekend. Actually, it was knocked off a table onto concrete. The fall didn't sound that terrible, however, when I picked up my N2, the screen was cracked. It's shattered at the point of impact and then there are two parabolic-curve cracks down the left side. Having only had my N2 for less than 30 days, I felt sick. Thankfully I have insurance and I made a claim today. I am awaiting my replacement tomorrow. Definitely a fragile device.

jodyberry

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I had the unfortunate displeasure of dropping my N2 this weekend. Actually, it was knocked off a table onto concrete. The fall didn't sound that terrible, however, when I picked up my N2, the screen was cracked. It's shattered at the point of impact and then there are two parabolic-curve cracks down the left side. Having only had my N2 for less than 30 days, I felt sick. Thankfully I have insurance and I made a claim today. I am awaiting my replacement tomorrow. Definitely a fragile device.

What insurance and what was the deductible?

Thanks...

jsadler09

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My wife has dropped her Note 2 several times already, fortunately she has only scratched the bezel and nothing has cracked. She originally had the Samsung flip cover, but since she can't hold onto the thing, I got her the Seidio Active case for some extra protection. I can be clumsy and am paranoid about dropping mine, so I added the Asurion insurance through Verizon.

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Best part about this line of Samsungs is how easy and cheap it is to replace the back cover. Now if you crack the screen, you're SOL:mad:

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Dropped mine inside the house on a hard tile floor from about 5'. Tiny tiny scratch on bottom at impact point. Nothing else. Getting out the truck over the holidays and juggled presents and phone. Phone crashed into concrete directly where S-Pen resides, flipped and skittered across concrete on screen. Put a sizable "dimple" in the case above the S-pen, no damage to screen whatsoever. Others might be fragile but mine is apparently the Incredible Hulk. Phone works fine and you have to look to see the damage from either drop.

flipster

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Well I got my note 2 for Christmas.

When I opened it up, I noticed there was something on the whole phone! It turns out my brother and sister got the whole phone ghost armored for me. Pretty sweet, I don't even notice it!

Also, there's a video on YouTube showing the drop test of the note 2, and it looks like it can handle a lot.

fwhomeboy

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Well I got my note 2 for Christmas.

When I opened it up, I noticed there was something on the whole phone! It turns out my brother and sister got the whole phone ghost armored for me. Pretty sweet, I don't even notice it!

Also, there's a video on YouTube showing the drop test of the note 2, and it looks like it can handle a lot.

Ghost Armour ??? That's new to me.

JRZLocal

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
These posts are all the same, everybody drops their phone and all phones are fragile. Use a case and screen protector and hope for the best. Ghost armour, gorilla glass, otterbox... nothing's a sure thing .If you're prone to breaking your phone get the insurance and call it a day.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The note 2 is has some mass. What do you expect for all this hardware/screen. I use a case by qmadix. Not cheep, but will prevent broken glass via somthing soft inbetween the hardshell.
QM-GVSNT2WHGY_l%5B1%5D.jpg

Tanooki2

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Jodyberry - the Asurion deductible was $99. Totally worth it in my opinion. The replacement phone was brand new and shipped overnight. The cracks in my screen splintered at the top and I got a shard of glass in my thumb thinner than a piece of hair when I picked it up. I was using the Samsung flip case. I switched to a Mercury jelly case that has protection around the edges and also added a screen protector.

guthrien

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I've dropped this phone more than any I've owned. More like balanced it in precarious places. I think due to a combination of weight, slickness and carelessness. Anyhow it's taken a 3' dive onto hardwood about 4 times. I think I'm blessed because I don't even have scratches. I know it's been saved at least once by the propensity for the rear cover to fly off and absorb impact. 'Cheap' design worked in my favor.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't drop my phones.

I bought the Samsung protective case just to try it out (was itching to use that 50% off coupon) and holy hell this phone feels way too bulky. This phone is already big enough, no way I'm putting a case on it.

volsfan0911

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
mine's had one swan dive onto the parking lot from about 5'. :eek: Minimal cosmetic damage to the back cover. Front glass completely intact, no scratches even. I'm impressed. Every phone gets dropped eventually in my experience. If you're afraid of sustaining significant damage, make sure you've got insurance and/or get a good case. $0.02

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I haven't dropped mine and I hope I never do. The old saying "the bigger they are, the harder they fall" comes to mind when I think about it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2